• Tweets

• If the legendary dx could offer his wisdom it would be greatly appreciated 
    • Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hells bells

hels bells
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi Glenn

yep will do, are u ok with me using your N1 stuff as guidance, any further tips, it seems there is a lot to fit on the second page of the N1, i hope after all this i don,t fail by de-fault for making a daft error.

hels

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its OK to use the stuff i have posted, thats why i posted it, and re fitting it all on to the second page if you use a font size of around 4 or 5 it fits, but its a bugger to read without a magnifying glass, so instead i would recommend using a continuation sheet!!! :-)

When using a continuation sheet head the paper with something like this:

Hell, claimant Vs Nasty bank, defendant

In the local county court

Claim no xxxxxx

continuation sheet number 1/2, 2/2 or whatever.

does that help?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi glenn

yes that helps cheers, i really appricate all your help, thankyou but remember i will be writing it as no computer at home. unless i can write some and computerise other bits.

last check is 4.59 today:p

hi glenn

still not heard anything from pez chap, rather hoped i would have. last night i wrote my n1 form in rough and the only problem i struggled with was the bank restistered office, would this be the main office or my account office branch. I have : Barclays Bank

Freepost RTLA-CSUS-TCHC

Head office relations

Barclays Bank plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

would you regard this as the registered office.

as always

hels:)

For filing your claim you should always use the registered office and i know you havent here, but for futrue reference you cannot use a PO box as the court wont accept it

Barclays Bank plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi Glenn

Just completed my N1, court only open between 10-4 so had no time today from work but tomorrow it goes.

Also talked to Commissioner Services, they have suggested i send everything to them as well but they are 3 months behind everything, perhaps it would do no harm to send them a copy of what is going to court eh. still nothing from Peeboy, i hope he was not a barclays spy!!!

;)

Helen

3 months eh? i recon its more, i have an outstanidng claim with GE and it has been more than three months since i submitted the claim to the ICO hence my preference for court proceedings.

Best of luck give me a shout if there is anyhting you need.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi Glenn

just walked round to the courts and tried to submit my N1, the floor manager checked out my form [N1] and read my fee amount which i ahd put £5.00 nominal fee, he said cold not use N1 for less than £50 quid so i said i would change the figure to £50, he then asked if i was requesting info as against charges, which i replied yes. He then told me i had completed the wrong forms, he handed me 3 x Claim form [CPR part 8] . so look like i will have to do it again.

not to worry just thought i would let u know.

hels

Glenn

As you can see spelling still needs work. thanks for you offer of yet more advice, where do u think peezboy is, e-mailed him loads of times but lost into ablivian it seems. Really would ahve been useful to have furhter comments from him.

hels

Helen

i think the court manager is wrong fundementally, the claim is for an order and you are claiming damages arising from the filaure of the defemdnat to submit your claim.

ive just looked at the practice direction for Part 8 and the tables there dont seem to include reference to a claimant asking the court to deal with this matter.

You have two choices, either comnply with what they want and pay the fee or go back and say you are certain that this is correct and you want it submitted on the N1.

dont worry i had the same sort of argument, it was submitted and heard and dealt with on the basis of an n1.

Ask the court what CPr restricts the value of the claim to only above £50? Id beinterested.

By the way whats the fee for submitting using the Part 8 application? Bet its more than £30 quid.

Oh an next time he asks if its for information, its not its to recover damages and order complaince. did you use the POC or siilar from my suggested thread?

its your choice,

Glenn

Its up to youy

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi Glenn,

this can only happen to me!!!!!

just spoken to local county court, £150 to submit this form, and yes they are sure it the right form, bloody hell.!!!I believe you are right Glenn but i suppose i will have to go do what they tell me. sorry glenn do not know what Cpr meant to ask them, clarify and i will ask. Yes Glenn i used your thread and POC to complete my form, i ahte not being able to have to knowledge to argue or debate this guy but the lady i have just spoken to again confirms this man would know what he was talking about. Yes your right the form does not have an area requesting what you would like to the courts to do, so do i still put this on

hels:o

Can i add at this point even though i am no where near claiming dosh back, having talked to my accountant on Sat he agreed the calculations for interest are difficult but with his help possible, his arguement was if the bank charges are classed as unlawful and reclaimable then the interest on those charges must also be, surley this could be argued with the a mathamatical wizard [ my accountant] Wot do you think.:D

hi Glenn

if you are sruggling to make sense of the last but one quote i fully understand, i have re-read it and my god you have no chance and i wrote it, basically the counter man at court said wrong form,he was the manager, the lady who answered the phone at court said he would be correct as he is the MANAGER, £150 to submit this, nothing on the form top ask the court to do anything. Does this make it easier to understand.

hels:o

Helen

1st lesson, when you ask dont tell them fred told you so or else they will reinforce his bad advice.

My recommendation is to go back full of confidence and submit the form, if they question you say that the claim is correct and that you want to lodge it and have the claim issued.

If they refuse take it to another county court, I have heard others having siilar problems, be assured issued my claim on an N1 and its has been dealt.

CPR stands for court practice directions and there is a whole batch of them detailing how the courts work

CPR - Parts and Practice Directions

and this is CPR 8

PART 8 - ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS

Have a read I think actually this is a part 7 claim ie a N1.

Re tax unlawfully paid i agree.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi Glenn

parents evening last night so no time again to complete my new forms, however my husband has received two letters from the bank in question sent to his business address stating the same thing, only stored for 3 years etc, so he mind is beginnnig to doupt we would be successful, however i feel we have enough evidence to argue and of course the said account can be reconized by our personal name and home address. Bankstatements are never sent to the business address by the way so why they are sending their letters there i dont know.

hels

Helen

Theres a letter about which states that Barclays hold data for six years post account closure i think.

i cant remember where its posted ill see if i can find it.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

ps

our account is still active and used daily, but my hubby is miffed with this so called 'marker' what is it, and why is it there, when the account is not over drawn but is used daily for business transactions. Peezboy said 100% this does not happen, can i do anything with this, i did ask what it was and was told they could not tell me.

hels

Helen

a Thought occurs to me, that you could serve a SAR on them for all the ifnormation they have on you.

The DPA i believe, or it may be the ICO guidance cant rember which, that you cannot reasonably submit loads of SARs.

however, i this case you have reason to believe they are withholding data, remember your phone call notes, and they are offering to provide the required data then changing their minds it gets to actually providing the data.

To me that is reasonable grounds for submitting another SAR asking for all the data they hold on you and not just your transactional information.

They then have to send you details of everything they have on file, you can aks for records of phone calls and such like which they record, not sure whether you will get them, but it would give you a lot more info from which to make your decisions.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi Glenn

yep i think i might try one more SAR but how much of evidence should i tell them about, should i write clearly the phone calls and peezboys e-mail or just simply say i have received info to the contray of what is stated in your correspondances etc, but yep i will ask for all my data in relation to this account .

here till 4pm today then back Tues unless my new internet stuff arrives as it should taday.

hels:)

Helen

Re info to give them , personally i would give them chapter and verse, names, numbers dates, times and contents of the calls.

i would include copies of my notes too.

Re Pezboys info, since he/she hasn't been back and i don't know what the email says i wouldn't use it. Unless you can verify the info its worthless IMHO.

sadly no one has reposted the link regarding that letter about data being held for more than six years, ill repost in the general section. Problem is i am currently subscribed to over 100 threads and i keep deleting them so i cant be certain which post it was i saw it in. Ill keep looking only wish id asked the OP for a copy when i saw it.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA