• Tweets

• It because you an opportunity to invite the court to make a discretionary award of damages above the value of the item you are claiming. I don't think it's an opportunity to go crazy. A hundred quid would be quite a significant victory which would make your point very nicely
    • Did you ever get any explanation from POPLA BB about their confusing behaviour?
    • Excellent idea, as they seem to be experts in the matter of "GDPR regulations" (sic) they should have no trouble at all in handling such a request.   Thank you for bringing to my attention the Act above I had not considered this as a string to my bow.
    • thieving robbers   i see they are adding interest every month since 2007 to: brokers fees legal fees. not sure they are allowed to on the last 2.   penalty fees (all unlawful) collections costs solicitors fees  field Agent fees.   put each one in our CIsheet    put their int rate in cell D15   ALL are reclaimable       
    • I can wholeheartedly confirm that 'Connex Me' is a subsidiary in contract to many DEBT COLLECTION agencies. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM at all. What their business plan is : They contact larger debt agenises and offer their services to collect 'debts that they have been unable to collect ' The fact some of these alleged debts will be over 13 years old  and lawfully 'STATUE BARRED' for collection does not phase them, as the mentality is ; if the debtor receives the warning letter they will pay up finally. 'Connex' or 'Connex me' is not a registered company, and is not affiliated to the Financial Conduct Authority. It has no legal powers! How they make their grubby funds is by passing on your 'confessed' new address, email ,phone number OR new married name: to the chasing debt collection agency that presumably on final collection from you will pay 'Connex' or 'Connex me' a pre agreed commission. All you then get are many emails , letters and dribble threatening you with court action. Why you may ask, 'If they know my address why do the original debt company not contact me?' Ask yourself: If I was a debt collection agency having spent many staff hours trying to collect a debt we bought from (say) B&Q for a percentage pittance and failed to find the debtor (way back when) its a debt they file away. UNTILL, smarty pants 'Connex or Connex Me', phone them up and say; 'hey Black Horse Finance (allegedly) got any debts you can't collect , you do how much? They reply Mr Terra-Firma owes us £1,000 from 200 years ago. If you can find him or her and collect the money we will may you 10% ie £100. Connex then do a track and trace on electoral role, wedding certification, name printed in local papers, facebook etc and get you to own up  by 'subliminal' contact vaguely suggesting you have come into money or long lost relative/friend wants to contact you. WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE LINING THEIR OWN POCKETS by attacking the subconscious of the target..YOU! I can wholeheartedly confirm that 'Connex Me' is a subsidiary in contract to many DEBT COLLECTION agencies. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM at all. What their business plan is : They contact larger debt agenises and offer their services to collect 'debts that they have been unable to collect ' The fact some of these alleged debts will be over 13 years old  and lawfully 'STATUE BARRED' for collection does not phase them, as the mentality is ; if the debtor receives the warning letter they will pay up finally. 'Connex' or 'Connex me' is not a registered company, and is not affiliated to the Financial Conduct Authority. It has no legal powers! How they make their grubby funds is by passing on your 'confessed' new address, email ,phone number OR new married name: to the chasing debt collection agency that presumably on final collection from you will pay 'Connex' or 'Connex me' a pre agreed commission. All you then get are many emails , letters and dribble threatening you with court action. Why you may ask, 'If they know my address why do the original debt company not contact me?' Ask yourself: If I was a debt collection agency having spent many staff hours trying to collect a debt we bought from (say) B&Q for a percentage pittance and failed to find the debtor (way back when) its a debt they file away. UNTILL, smarty pants 'Connex or Connex Me', phone them up and say; 'hey Black Horse Finance (allegedly) got any debts you can't collect , you do how much? They reply Mr Terra-Firma owes us £1,000 from 200 years ago. If you can find him or her and collect the money we will may you 10% ie £100. Connex then do a track and trace on electoral role, wedding certification, name printed in local papers, facebook etc and get you to own up  by 'subliminal' contact vaguely suggesting you have come into money or long lost relative/friend wants to contact you. WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE LINING THEIR OWN POCKETS by attacking the subconscious of the target..YOU!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

nevin v First Direct

nevin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just about to take the plunge. I have a few questions. First things first, is it the Wakefield Road address that I send the stuff to?

Second, I have a loan and Visa with FD, will they expect an early repayment of the loan when they close my account (as I expect they will)?

nevin

• 2 months later...

How's it going nevin?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.