carter56 v Barclays

carter56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi saintly welcome on board. i have followed the advice given on the mcol link and sent soc with covering letter. . i have just read your thread and realise we are both from st helens so good luck. barclays wont know whats hit them.

keep in touch

linda

hi just an update. strange thing is i have received a letter from barclays this morning (letter dated 17th may ) with a sorry your unhappy blah blah blah and refering to their letter of 21/4/2007 and blah blah blah but will offer the sum of £2970 as full and final settlement. the letter is off ANDREW BOOTHROYD well i dont think one hand at barclays knows what the other hand is doing because i had a letter dated 1st may with an offer of £3120 which i refused and then filed on mcol.somehow i dont think i am going to accept a lesser offer !!! obviously one dept doesnt know that i have filed and that barclays have acknowledged on the 9th may and now waiting for their defence. what do you think of this anyone ???

linda

This is another example of the ineptitude and breathtaking incompetence with which the banks are handling these claims, pay no attention to that letter, in particular as it is for lower sum than one you have already rejected!

Barclays have demonstrated once again that they have not dedicated their resources correctly and intelligently and now are caught out - again.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

well today is the 31st of may and barclays still havent given a defence so not long till 4th june and i can apply for a court date !! if i think about things for too long i get quite scared.

linda x

send me a pm and i will get the straight off to you .... cant hurt to have them :) .... believe it or not i came across them while looking in old boxes full of photo albums while searching for a particular picture of my lad as a toddler to put on his 18th B'day cake

thanks saintly i have pm you. its strange where stuff ends up . i found a gas bill from 1992 in box which has birthday cards etc.. that i have saved. it was for £32 for the quarter. i think they might have cut me off by now if i hadnt paid it dont you. :)

linda x

just read through the threads carter, people ARE still winning, it should give us all hope :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

just before i go off to bed something i thought about was. if it went to court and the judge asked if i had asked barclays to explain or give me a breakdown of how they justify their charges then i would have to answer - no !! is there a template letter somewhere or have i missed something ?

linda

Come on girls, I know it was late in the day but realllllyyyyyyy!

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.
Does this look familiar????

Of course it does.......Its in the PRE LIM LETTER.

both of you ,,I think your roots are showing LOL

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

hi all well its 1st of june and still no defence from barclays. they do have till the 4th june but thought i would have heard from them by now. is there anybody i should contact ? should i call mcol? just wondering what to do if i dont get their defence?

linda

Linda, read here for information on what do do should they not file their defence in time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

thanks hagenuk always great to get advice from you. i have quickly read through the notes and i was thinking " oh my god " how complicated does this look. but not to worry i am not there yet. the defence was due on monday the 4th june so i think i will give them till friday 8th to enter their defence and if nothing by then i will send them the letter giving them one last chance to make me an offer . do you think waiting till the 8th is giving them long enough ?

linda