redsonja

Redsonja V Morgan Stanley ***WON with C.I.***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I rejected an offer of all charges plus 8% judicial interest.

I recieved all charges plus contractual interest and court fees after they failed to acknowlege the court claim, I called them and told them that I was about to ask for a default judgement...........they did however close my account in retaliation!

Roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hope you are going to make a complaint to the relevent authorities, rosco- you could get even more munny off them in compo!

Still no sign of a response from MS in my case, either! :rolleyes:

Rosco - Did you have a balance on there when they closed it? I personally would have rejected the 8% offer but I just wanted King to know the score with the mods, as they will advise to accept the offer. You should definitely make a complaint in light of the ruling on closed accounts with A&L (I think it was A&L)

Hang in there Noo....Im sure the offer will come soon! :D

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Hi Redsonja,

Thanks for the advice.

Are you saying i should reject my offer and go for the full monty. Aslo you never mention what your contractual rate was.

I charged them 16.85% as this is what they are charging me currently. Some argue to use 30 odd% but I thought I had a better arguement by using 16.85%.

It really is your choice on what to do with your offer. I cant tell you what to do but what I would say is that I personally would have rejected the offer had they offered me 8%. As long as you understand the concept of CCI and are prepared to argue it in court (should it get that far) then I dont see why you cant reject the offer but like I say, IT IS YOUR CHOICE. We have to ensure you make the decision otherwise we may be up for a ticking off from the mods on here, as like I say, they say you should accept that offer.

If you have not filed for court yet you are in a better chance of refusing at the mo as you can send letter saying reject offer and will file for court but as a gesture of goodwill you will extend your time limit until blah to enable them to peruse your letter. They may then come back with full offer, if they dont and stick by their 8% offer, you can once again decide if you want to accept before filing.

Does that make sense?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Hi redsonja, Thanks again that makes perfect sense, I appreciate what the mods say but Morgan hound me atleast 7-10 times a day if the payment hasn't reached them so I feel I should get back the maximum that Is possible.

Thanks Again.

kingmills- You should demand what is rightfully yours, and all costs associated with the persuit of it.

No more and no less.

(MS have until a week on Monday (19 March) to enter a response to my claim, so plenty of time yet)

Good on you! Good Luck, keep me posted on your progress!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Hi,

yes I do still have a balance, I have only been told over the telephone that my account has been closed....no warning letter...default letter or even a letter saying it has been closed..........Has anyone else had anything similar? A basic template letter for this would be a great help.

I think it may be worth me fighting on?

Roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thats shocking Ros, it didnt happen to me....I dont even use mine anyway, I only opened it for a balance transfer. Defo worth fighting on and complaining to ICO as thats unfair retaliation.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital