Alliance & Leicester - Credit Card v Current Account Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help Alliance & Leicester

Now I've done my SAR and LBA Letters to the Alliance & Leicester & they have written to me thus:

"I have noted your comments that you believe that the charges that have been raised on your account to be unfair, please be assured our chages are reasonable blah, blah - to set the picture they took 2200 pounds in charges from my account over 2 years.

The letter also mentions the fact that the charges are against credit cards and not bank charges on current accounts.

Who is right here - Am I being fobbed off and do i now consider taking them to small cliams?

Any advice greatly received.

Ali

Your on track to get your money back

Continue to post in the A&L forum and every one can monitor your progress .

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone

Two things I've noticed - 1 is to get used to threading the replies correctly (makes sense).

2 I won my case and received nearly 2.5K from the Alliance & Leicester!!

However, I was reading my credit file on Experian and they have my account as still open despite the fact that in the settlement letter they said it would close and here's and even more curious thing - even though monies (Child Tax Credit) have been paid into the account I had no facilities as part of the settlement on the account and yet they still marked the account as having 3 or more payments missing on that account and this goes back to May of last year.

Any ideas you can suggest?