I think Abbey are ignoring me???

Briar_Rose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my letter under DPA rules and it was received as signed for on 06/04. £10 cheque was then encashed on the 10/04.

It's about at the halfway stage now so should I follw up with a letter to remind them and get their a*ses into gear, and if so - should I send it to the same address or someone else to hurry it along???

TIA

Data Protection Act letter posted to Abbey 03/04/06

Delivered on 06/04/06

Cheque to Abbey for DPA Cleared 10/04/06

40 days up on 16/05/06

2nd letter for statements sent 17/05/06

Letter to DPA sent and received 19/05/06

Court proceedings issued for £819 + Costs 06/06/06

Offer of £490 received and accepted 02/07/06

Statements 03/04 received 07/07/06

They have 40 days - you might want to prod them when they have a week left. If you check around the forum you will find some requests being fulfilled absolutely on the deadline...which I think is a big risk that they take...but hey, it's their problem, not yours.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Lueeze

Yes you can give them a nudge, reminding them they have untill XXX date to supply this information, either call or write to the same address, unless you have found a better one!

Good Luck!

Lou x

Well I just got my statements for last year but no sign of any from 2000-2005.

I've written them a follow-up chase letter now as the 40 days runs out next Tuesday

"I have received bank statements from 13th Jan 2005 to present. However, I have not received any of the earlier statements from April 2000 to 2005 as requested, or any listings of events in my account history over this period which have required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person. I still require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you, and have paid the £10.00 to you as required by the Data Protection Act.

I sent the original letter to you on 3rd April and it was recorded as received on 6th April. With the cheque clearing on 10th April. I initially asked you to send these statements within 40 days. You now have until 16th May to comply before I report your non-compliance to the Information Commissioner and I will also begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act."

So hopefully I'll get the rest through soon and I can start adding up - over £750 for last year so far.

Delivered on 06/04/06

40 days up on 16/05/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Delivered on 06/04/06

40 days up on 16/05/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks