BankFodder BankFodder

TheNorthernWarrior

TheNorthernWarrior v Northern Bank Ltd. ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Nervous,

Congratulations and well done!!! I too bank with northern and know I have £800 in charges over two years only. Thought I would start with my two credit cards first but have been following your thread.

glav

Well glav, just stand your ground and take no nonsense, as LTWFB says 'thorn', (though mind you, i'm afraid i didn't even know what that meant doh) and read the threads, you cannot go wrong at all. I was apprehensive before i even put pen to paper, cos i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, it is scary, but it is legal. Try to get it done before April, the law may rule the charges to £12.00 and you'll only get the difference as opposed to the whole amount.

nervous.

Well done that nervous!!

The new hairdo will go very well with the smug grin, you are no doubt wearing.

Hows Mr Nervous now that the money is in the account (relieved?)

Cant wait now to get on with my claim.

Well glav, just stand your ground and take no nonsense, as LTWFB says 'thorn', (though mind you, i'm afraid i didn't even know what that meant doh) and read the threads, you cannot go wrong at all. I was apprehensive before i even put pen to paper, cos i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, it is scary, but it is legal. Try to get it done before April, the law may rule the charges to £12.00 and you'll only get the difference as opposed to the whole amount.

nervous.

Dont repeat carp.

Youve been given excellent advice and support, dont mislead others spouting by nonsense.

Well done that nervous!!

The new hairdo will go very well with the smug grin, you are no doubt wearing.

Hows Mr Nervous now that the money is in the account (relieved?)

Cant wait now to get on with my claim.

Well, he is still nervous because our second claim goes in today.

nervous

Sure can ye not reassure him that it will go according to plan?

After all you have already proven that you are right (that might be the part that he finds hard )lol

If hes anything like Mr Bally, he is scared of banks, debt, owing money, the big guys repercussions.

Hopefully he will have some retail therapy to calm those jangled nerves (although I find copious amunts of gin work equally as well)

Best of luck with your second claim

well done nervous half way there now for the rest of your money !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Thanks,paddym, i have tried a few times to tip your scales and it keeps coming back that i have to spread reputation around?

nervous.

• Haha 1

My cheque £62.00 has just been cashed by the Small Courts Claim!!!:D So , my 2nd claim is DEFINITELY on the way.LOL!! And after today's news, it MUST only get better!!!:D Ooh, luvely jubbley!!!

nervous.

P.S. Anyone heard how Anaconda has been getting on? He did have 25K to chase after all!!!

Keep this up all you , Northerners out there! The Big 4 Banks cannot sit back and take our money, enough of this , polite 'yes Sir, no Sir, three bags full Sir'! The bags are full of OUR MONEY!!!!

Nervous.

P.S. My hubby says I should have gone into politics, but they're crooked, so then he said I should have gone into the Legal System, yeah right, that's what my father and grandfather did but I was the rebel. But then he does let me do all the hard graft, 'cos he says I'm better at it than he.;)

Received notice of court claim and the Northern has until the 5th April to respond. They will and I bet that this time, i will have to prepare my court bundle. Well, I am going to charge for this, cos it is a hellava lot of ink and paper and time!!!!! Watch this space..........?

nervous.

Northern Bank has lodged a dispute on the 16th March. They haven't contacted me and I have a funny feeling that this will go all the way to the court house!! It means that i will have to print out my court bundle 3 times and what a lot of paper that is going to be. If their solicitor is waiting on the court date (yet to be decided) i am going to include my time onto the final bill and the remaining interest!! I am absolutely furious and this means WAR!!

nervous.

Received a court date which is 25th May @ 10.30 in Newtownards. OH YIKES!! I'll print off my court bundles on the weekend!! I am sick to the back teeth with this crowd and our mortgage is coming up for renewal! Wouldn't you think that they would want to keep us??

nervous.

nice1 nervous the day of reckoning for these guys looms large on the horizon dont panic i dont believe for 1 moment this shower will go into court so get ready for your settlement letter ! hold off on your bundles for a while have them ready on your pc but dont print them off just yet !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Hi Nervous.

Its a long time till MAY!....

Dont panic and dont waste the ink!

I am sure they will "chicken out"

They are only "calling your bluff"

Kind regards

Clare

Psstttttt.... I am claiming against the Northern Bank AGAIN but this time with regards an MEAF ( Mortgage Exit Admin Fee). Thanks to Martin Lewis' weekly email I wouldnt have heard of it. But as you know we took everything away from them in 2004 including the mortgage .The Consumer Council in Belfast encouraged me to do so because its a "grey area" at the moment . THE CCB told me what to actually ask for in the letter with regard this particular MEAF(which shall remain nameless for the time being) . Its not alot of money but it is still worth the try and I am to keep them informed.....they are learning too.

Okay all you guys, out there. I need advice and bigtime! Do I send the court bundle now to the bank and courts or wait nearer to the date, 25th May. I am really quite worried, cos this time I think they are going to sit this one out! I also need advice on what to put on the covering letter. We did ask for an extended overdraft facility and they refused 3 times, and when we said that we would put our house up for sale only then did they agree to the loan and that was only extended for 2 months! So, as I haven't heard anything I have a sick feeling that I will be seeing them in court!! Help please to all you brain boxes out there!!!?

nervous.

Thread moved.

I'm not familiar with the NI process so I'll see if I can get you some help. If your bundle should have been in 14 days before court, as it usually is in England and Wales, I'm afraid you should bite the bullet and get it done as a matter of urgency. You can always do a Wasted Costs Order afterwards.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey nervous.

Just wondering like, what sort of paperwork do you have in your court bundle and would it be usefull to us other Northern claimers.

Only just over a week til your court date, any more news?

regards

Gary

Date of incident                                              17 Jan 2020

First raised complaint                                    21 Jan 2020

Final response from Ryanair                         25 Jan 2020

Appeal to CEO                                                 27 Jan 2020    No reply

LBA issued                                                       13 Feb 2020

Might be best if Nervous answers your questions after the court date Gary.;)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hey garygumps, all i can say at the moment is that something has cropped up and don't worry it will be all beneficial for you, but i cant say anything just yet, so please do not think i am not being helpful, cos i am but in this case and at the moment 'mum has to be the word', so be patient and still GO FOR IT, you will not lose.

nervous.

Hi Nervous

Good luck for tomorrow, that's if court is still on!! Let us know the outcome.

glav:)

will be thinking of you tomorrow good luck and dont let the baskets grind you down Hils;)

Any news nervous?

glav:)

I think you might have to wait a bit longer to find out guys.;)

What's Best for You?

intriguing - why the delay?

All i can say is, you guys, HANG IN THERE!!! As Caro, said, more news after court date.:cool: :cool: :lol:

I also want you to know that my new name is NorthernWarrior and as I am not Nervous anymore, I really don't see the point of using it!:) :) :)

NorthernWarrior.

I've set the wheels in motion so hopefully your name will change soon NorthernWarrior.

What's Best for You?