• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

TheNorthernWarrior v Northern Bank Ltd. ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nervous,

Congratulations and well done!!! I too bank with northern and know I have £800 in charges over two years only. Thought I would start with my two credit cards first but have been following your thread.

glav

Well glav, just stand your ground and take no nonsense, as LTWFB says 'thorn', (though mind you, i'm afraid i didn't even know what that meant doh) and read the threads, you cannot go wrong at all. I was apprehensive before i even put pen to paper, cos i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, it is scary, but it is legal. Try to get it done before April, the law may rule the charges to £12.00 and you'll only get the difference as opposed to the whole amount.

nervous.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done that nervous!!

The new hairdo will go very well with the smug grin, you are no doubt wearing.

Hows Mr Nervous now that the money is in the account (relieved?)

Cant wait now to get on with my claim.

Well glav, just stand your ground and take no nonsense, as LTWFB says 'thorn', (though mind you, i'm afraid i didn't even know what that meant doh) and read the threads, you cannot go wrong at all. I was apprehensive before i even put pen to paper, cos i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, it is scary, but it is legal. Try to get it done before April, the law may rule the charges to £12.00 and you'll only get the difference as opposed to the whole amount.

nervous.

Dont repeat carp.

Youve been given excellent advice and support, dont mislead others spouting by nonsense.

Well done that nervous!!

The new hairdo will go very well with the smug grin, you are no doubt wearing.

Hows Mr Nervous now that the money is in the account (relieved?)

Cant wait now to get on with my claim.

Well, he is still nervous because our second claim goes in today.

nervous

Sure can ye not reassure him that it will go according to plan?

After all you have already proven that you are right (that might be the part that he finds hard )lol

If hes anything like Mr Bally, he is scared of banks, debt, owing money, the big guys repercussions.

Hopefully he will have some retail therapy to calm those jangled nerves (although I find copious amunts of gin work equally as well)

Best of luck with your second claim

My cheque £62.00 has just been cashed by the Small Courts Claim!!!:D So , my 2nd claim is DEFINITELY on the way.LOL!! And after today's news, it MUST only get better!!!:D Ooh, luvely jubbley!!!

nervous.

P.S. Anyone heard how Anaconda has been getting on? He did have 25K to chase after all!!!

Keep this up all you , Northerners out there! The Big 4 Banks cannot sit back and take our money, enough of this , polite 'yes Sir, no Sir, three bags full Sir'! The bags are full of OUR MONEY!!!!

Nervous.

P.S. My hubby says I should have gone into politics, but they're crooked, so then he said I should have gone into the Legal System, yeah right, that's what my father and grandfather did but I was the rebel. But then he does let me do all the hard graft, 'cos he says I'm better at it than he.;)

Received notice of court claim and the Northern has until the 5th April to respond. They will and I bet that this time, i will have to prepare my court bundle. Well, I am going to charge for this, cos it is a hellava lot of ink and paper and time!!!!! Watch this space..........?

nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

Northern Bank has lodged a dispute on the 16th March. They haven't contacted me and I have a funny feeling that this will go all the way to the court house!! It means that i will have to print out my court bundle 3 times and what a lot of paper that is going to be. If their solicitor is waiting on the court date (yet to be decided) i am going to include my time onto the final bill and the remaining interest!! I am absolutely furious and this means WAR!!

nervous.

Received a court date which is 25th May @ 10.30 in Newtownards. OH YIKES!! I'll print off my court bundles on the weekend!! I am sick to the back teeth with this crowd and our mortgage is coming up for renewal! Wouldn't you think that they would want to keep us??

nervous.

nice1 nervous the day of reckoning for these guys looms large on the horizon dont panic i dont believe for 1 moment this shower will go into court so get ready for your settlement letter ! hold off on your bundles for a while have them ready on your pc but dont print them off just yet !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Hi Nervous.

Its a long time till MAY!....

Dont panic and dont waste the ink!

I am sure they will "chicken out"

They are only "calling your bluff"

Kind regards

Clare

Psstttttt.... I am claiming against the Northern Bank AGAIN but this time with regards an MEAF ( Mortgage Exit Admin Fee). Thanks to Martin Lewis' weekly email I wouldnt have heard of it. But as you know we took everything away from them in 2004 including the mortgage .The Consumer Council in Belfast encouraged me to do so because its a "grey area" at the moment . THE CCB told me what to actually ask for in the letter with regard this particular MEAF(which shall remain nameless for the time being) . Its not alot of money but it is still worth the try and I am to keep them informed.....they are learning too.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay all you guys, out there. I need advice and bigtime! Do I send the court bundle now to the bank and courts or wait nearer to the date, 25th May. I am really quite worried, cos this time I think they are going to sit this one out! I also need advice on what to put on the covering letter. We did ask for an extended overdraft facility and they refused 3 times, and when we said that we would put our house up for sale only then did they agree to the loan and that was only extended for 2 months! So, as I haven't heard anything I have a sick feeling that I will be seeing them in court!! Help please to all you brain boxes out there!!!?

nervous.

• 1 month later...

Thread moved.

I'm not familiar with the NI process so I'll see if I can get you some help. If your bundle should have been in 14 days before court, as it usually is in England and Wales, I'm afraid you should bite the bullet and get it done as a matter of urgency. You can always do a Wasted Costs Order afterwards.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Might be best if Nervous answers your questions after the court date Gary.;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hey garygumps, all i can say at the moment is that something has cropped up and don't worry it will be all beneficial for you, but i cant say anything just yet, so please do not think i am not being helpful, cos i am but in this case and at the moment 'mum has to be the word', so be patient and still GO FOR IT, you will not lose.

nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might have to wait a bit longer to find out guys.;)

• 2 weeks later...

All i can say is, you guys, HANG IN THERE!!! As Caro, said, more news after court date.:cool: :cool: :lol:

I also want you to know that my new name is NorthernWarrior and as I am not Nervous anymore, I really don't see the point of using it!:) :) :)

NorthernWarrior.

I've set the wheels in motion so hopefully your name will change soon NorthernWarrior.