• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DBR solo account vs lloyds ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up hope!!!

There IS light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I am now helping THREE people at work now start thier claims against thier respective banks! Hopfully those three will help another three help another three etc!!!!

Nice one Daisy - Thats the true spirit of CAG, and something the banks will never be able to match!

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Hi Daisy - BR! Just cast a glance over your thread, well done!!!! I've just sent my LBA to Lloyds yesterday.......................... looooong rocky road ahead...............................

CONGRATS AND ENJOY YOUR DOSH LADY!! xXx :cool:

Hi DBR, just thought i'd tell you that i won my claim Saturday!! I only sent the LBA off Thursday and the letter offering me £724 was dated Thursday and i got it Saturday!! My claim was for £663, so i'm happy!!!! xXx :D :D :D

Hi DBR, just thought i'd tell you that i won my claim Saturday!! I only sent the LBA off Thursday and the letter offering me £724 was dated Thursday and i got it Saturday!! My claim was for £663, so i'm happy!!!! xXx :D :D :D

EXCELLENT!!! At least you didnt have to wait and wait :D

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

OKAY! - no money in my account yet! its the fifth working day!

whats the chances that LTSB will go back on thier word and say s0d it, we won last week, lets take em all to court...?

**** WON ****

Actually, boyf just got in and there was a letter from the court, saying that they struck out LTSB! So they cant take me to court even if they wantd to fnar fnar...

STILL NO DOSH IN MY BANK THOUGH BOO HOO!!!!!

**** WON ****

Still no dosh in my account either...............*drums fingers waiting impatiently*....... they have until next Wednesday to cough up............... could really do with it right now, if we owed them, they'd soon come hammering for it!!!!! :mad:

OK, I JUST CHECKED MY ACCOUNT............IT'S ONLY BLOODY GONE IN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! MY ACCOUNT HAS NEVER LOOKED SO DAMN HEALTHY!!! YEEEE-HAAAAAAA!!!

Still no dosh in my account either...............*drums fingers waiting impatiently*....... they have until next Wednesday to cough up............... could really do with it right now, if we owed them, they'd soon come hammering for it!!!!! :mad:

OK, I JUST CHECKED MY ACCOUNT............IT'S ONLY BLOODY GONE IN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! MY ACCOUNT HAS NEVER LOOKED SO DAMN HEALTHY!!! YEEEE-HAAAAAAA!!!

Hurray!

I just want to go shopping! I work on Oxford street for crying out loud and theres a wardrobe of clothing out there with my name on!!!!

The court struck them out on the 11th and the letter from scm was dated 15th (last tuesday). They said within 5 working days, so it should have been yesterday! I know I sound like a greedy little madam, an impatient greedy little madam to boot (well whats a few more days after waiting all these months!?) but you cant blame me for getting excited and frustrated can you!?

**** WON ****

Daisy / Gingertossa,

They didn't go to court even when they won! That win ain't going to change that because if they do they will lose. If they had turned up, they would in likelyhood lost.

You will get your money. They will try to string it out, so perhaps a letter to remind them of the commitment they have made?

The acceptance letter they sent you is a binding contract in itself.

See Bankfodders post #8 on Maxine1979UK's thread below. I'm sure she won't mind me providing the link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/89502-lloyds-tsb-sechiari-clark.html#post816007

Hope it is of use!

You will get your money. They will try to string it out, so perhaps a letter to remind them of the commitment they have made?

The acceptance letter they sent you is a binding contract in itself.

See Bankfodders post #8 on Maxine1979UK's thread below. I'm sure she won't mind me providing the link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/89502-lloyds-tsb-sechiari-clark.html#post816007

Hope it is of use!

Thanks pondy:)

Ive just tried to ring SCM, lazy g1ts, thier office is closed!

They got a nerve, like gingatossa said - its ok for them lot to ignore deadlines, but when its us little people missing a deadline by 2 mins or 10p all hell breaks loose an money gets stolen from our accounts and we have to really fight to get it back. its bl00dy ridiculous.

**** WON ****

If they aren't careful, they'll have a bit of a customer backlash on their hands! ;)

How to win friends and influence people the Lloyds way! :rolleyes:

Well, update, money not in. I think LTSB and SCM have been watching this thread and 'avin a larf at my expense.

WELL YOUR NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE! I just rang SCM, and I had to explain about 3 times to the thicko woman that LTSB was struck out and that Id recieved a letter from SCM saying that LTSB was struck out and that theyd pay within 5 days and that was the 15th blah blah blah.... so she transferred me to a bloke who asked if Id checked my account, i was like er, no i havnt checked it for like 3 days... I didnt really say that but I should have, so i said yes just before i rang and the man said he'd look into it...

BIG

FAT

YAWN!

**** WON ****

Hang in there DBR, it'll go in, i'm sure!! After reading so much stuff around this site, i think i may well have been one of the very few that has been awarded my money back so quickly, maybe even the quickest? (they sent the letter the same day i sent prelim, therefore, effectively, they agreed to pay out on the prelim letter) and i had my money go in yesterday. :D I had no T & C's either............. they said 10 working days, it went in after 3!! Funny thing, it went in as 'GOODWILL REFUND'....bless 'em!! :o

Pondfish, i shall be donating 5% of my money to the site, would love to donate more but as a mum of three, with a profoundly disabled child with multi-complex needs, i'm not able to work so any money is very precious!! I couldn't have done it without the guidance of this site though!! :)

I am claiming for my sister, i'm at the LBA sent off stage for Alliance & Leicester, and will be starting for my ex-hubby today, against Barclays. Have told them they must donate to the site when they get reimbursed!! ;) Pinkies crossed they cough up as quickly as Lloyds did for me!!! xXx

Hang in there DBR, it'll go in, i'm sure!! After reading so much stuff around this site, i think i may well have been one of the very few that has been awarded my money back so quickly, maybe even the quickest? (they sent the letter the same day i sent prelim, therefore, effectively, they agreed to pay out on the prelim letter) and i had my money go in yesterday. :D I had no T & C's either............. they said 10 working days, it went in after 3!! Funny thing, it went in as 'GOODWILL REFUND'....bless 'em!! :o

Aw thanks GT!

I reckon they must have meant to put int hier letter "within 5 working days, or maybe 8, or it could be 10!"

**** WON ****

UPDATE!!!! STILL No money in my bank.

I rang SCM to chase them up and got put through to a lad and explained to him. He said I needed to speak with Mr Jones. I rang back and asked to speak with Mr Jones.

she said he wasnt in.

I said when will he be in.

She said whats it about

I explained

she said when did I get the court order.

I explained I recieved it dated 11th Maty

She said they havnt got round to dealing with anything after 8th May

I started getting a little p1ssed and said (for the eighty ninth time) well I got a letter dated 15th May from SCM saying the money will be in my account within 5 working days, and its now the 8th working day.

She snottily told me to calm down and that yes mr jones will get back to me.

She took my number and said he would ring. That was an hour ago.

i dont believe them.

I rang my boyf and asked if he could remember who signed the letter. He couldnt

Iwork away from home and unfortunatly.... he cant find the letter.... so SCM are playing daft @rses and i got no proof they said theyd pay.

Think i will ring back and ask to speak with Andy again, explain for the two hundred and seventy third time the situation, ask them not to baffle me with legalese and ask who is dealing with my case, and who wrote me that letter and what the hell is gong on.

Oh, and we got IT issues at work and I cant do anything so im frustrated at that too...

i am sooooo hacked off today.

**** WON ****

MAJOR UPDATE - PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rang scm and spoke to Andy again.

Explained it all again, and said i didnt understand legalese and that i didnt have the docs in front of me and that if the court has sent a letter saying the defence is struck out, is that a judgement?

He said yes, and i needed to speak with Mr Jones department.

So i thanked him for his help and hung up.

Rang back and asked to speak to someone in Mr Jones dept and the woman said I am part of mr jones dept.

I started to explain again and she asked if i was on a mobile

i said yes

she said i was breaking up and i said Id ring back ona landline

I rang back and got a man

He asked me for my name and claim number (again)

He asked who i have already spoken to

I told him

He asked if I had an open account with ltsb

I said yes

He asked me to hold the line and i did for about 5 minutes

He came back and asked what I have done so far

I explained (again) that I have not closed the court claim because I havnt recieved any money

He then said he couldnt find my details and file.

I explained (again) that all I wanted to do was find out who had written me that letter and what was hapening with my case.

He saiddid i have a calim number (!) so i told him it (again)

He said could i hold the line - i did for about 2 minutes

Someone else came on and asked how far in the proceedings I was

I explanied (again) and i asked if this was a different person i was speaking to

He said yes

I asked who it was and he said Mr jones

Getting somewhere - youd think... Now this Mr Jones's tone was very aggressive indeed, VERY aggressive.

I said I didnt understand legal language, and all iwanted was for someone to explain to me what was happening.

He stated he did understand legal language and asked my how far i was in my claim

I explained (again) that I had a letter receieved from them on 16th May, dated 15th May that the £3k will be in my account within 5 working days, that I receievd a letter from the court on 21st May, dated 11th May stating the defence had been struck out.

He said He hadnt recieved a judgement.

I asked why had they sent me a letter saying they would pay the money in my account.

He said it shouldnt have gone out.

I said well it has.

He said well, he isnt doing anything til he recieves a copy of the judgement

I said give me your fax number, i will fax you a copy.

He gave me the number, i slammed down the phone and stomped off outside to phone my boyf to tell him and had my first ciggarette in 5 months.

My boyf is going home to find the judgement and letter for me to fax to ****.

Surey, the letter they sent to me dated 15th May saying the money will be in my account is a binding contract??????

I think i will phone derby court...

Signing off... for now...

**** WON ****

OK

Court just said i need to sign thier letter and send it back to them, then they will send a letter to all the parties concerned.

FFS.

Can someone help regadrs this SCM letter? DO i have to wait til i send the sigend judgement back now, or does the SCM letter mean they have to pay up now?

SCM - stupid crappy mongboys.

**** WON ****

See the link Pondy posted above - there's a letter you can send.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

See the link Pondy posted above - there's a letter you can send.

ARGH!

please can someone remove ***WON*** the title from this thread.

Just checked the link and I just rang my boyf to see if he can remember if there was anything on the scm letter that i needed to sign to say i agreed and he said no.

he cant find the scm letter so its from memory. Its as good as NOT recieving a letter from SCM really - might as well not recieved it.

Dont know what to do.

Unless m,my boyf can find the SCM letter i might as well just wait til i get homeo n friday, sign the jusgement, and wait til the court send it to LTSB, wait til SCM get thier fingers out and pay up.

N I G H T M A R E

**** WON ****

Yes, at least the defence is struck out so you'll get it soon enough one way or the other.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

well, i just spoke to boyf, he has turned the house upside down and cant find it. Great.

Anyway, he is faxing the court leter to me and he said there is nothing on there for me to sign!!!! i will type it up as soon as i get it.

**** WON ****

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of recieveing it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1 - the defence be struck out by variation of the operation of the order dated 08-may-07

2- the claimant may enter judgement upon making a request setting out fully the sum claimed with a calculation of interest and the fixed costs sought

3 - vacate the trina listed on 12 june 07

dated may 11th

and thats it.... so do i have to do something now? Theres nothing to sign or send back....

**** WON ****