HSBC charges reclaiming & default removal

Tangliss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, here is a brief description of my case.

Basically, my husband and I had a joint account with HSBC, but because of their silly charges, we decided that my husband should join my account with Barclays.

We were nearly up to our overdraft limit with HSBC by this point, but paid a little money in to make sure we did not go over. However, although the account was no longer being used HSBC charged us and as a result took us over our limit.

Anyway, to cut to the chase. Three weeks ago we received a letter from Metrapolitan Collection Services, on behalf of HSBC bank telling us to pay the outstanding overdraft fee. When I logged onto our online banking account, our account had been closed. I am angry over this as we did not receive anything from HSBC about this. Basically, they closed our account without informing us, and then went to an debt collection agency!

Where do we stand, as my husband has written to HSBC asking for all statements with an enclosed cheque of £10. But as they closed the account, will we still be able to claim back charges.

Please help, as I am new to this.

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 months later...

After reading this site for a number of months I decided to claim back charges made from my account by HSBC.

Both my Preliminary Request and LBA were not acknowledged, so I filed an MCOL yesterday, which has been issued today.

I will let you know how it goes.

Any advice will be greatly received:)

Hi Tangliss,

Great to see you've joined the rest of us all claiming back what's rightfully ours(or in my case my partner's!).

The only advice I can give at this stage is that when you receive information saying your claim has been acknowledged, look for details of the defendent (DG Solictors, some have a specific name, some don't) and send them a breakdown of your charges straight away, don't wait for them to request it. This has been known to speed the process up sometimes. I'd also suggest sending it recorded delivery.

Good luck with your claim :)

• Haha 1

Today I received a letter from Colin Landale (pre-printed sig) informing me that the bank does not agree with my contention that the charges imposed constitute a penatly and has referred me to the Financial Ombudsman Service....

I'm asuming this is a standard letter?

Also received a letter stating that my MCOL will be served on the 14th

My husband started proceedings against HSBC bank and has filed an MCOL.

Before he started, he checked his credit score online, and as there were no defaults next to his name so he never added anything about taking off any defaults in his letters.

The account was a joint one, and today I had the urge to look at my credit score via experian, and to my dismay I have got a default on my credit score which explains a lot! One has also appeared on husbands.

How do I get these off our file? I called MPCS and they were simply rude and refused!

The MCOL is only in my husbands name, but is it too late to write again to HSBC asking to take the defaults off our credit reports, as the thought of them being on there for 6 years is worrying?

We have yet to hear from DG so would it be possible to put something in writing to them when thye ask for a breakdown of charges?

Thank-you in advance!

Oh and I have come across a website regarding removal of defaults,

can anyone tell me exactly what a default notice is, as I'm sure my husband and I never was issued with one.

The only correspondence we received was from MPC Services, asking to pay the overdraft in full and no mention of a default.

Our account was also closed by HSBC bank, but no letters were ever sent to us informing us of their decision of passing the debt onto an agency and account closure!

I'm really mad about this as my credit rating is now 'Very Poor', where as before the default was issued I had a good rating!

As I am hoping to move house in the near future, I feel this is going to prove harder than expected!:-x

I can't believe a bank can issue a default like it's toilet paper, especially when no prior warnings were given.

Today we received the actual paper acknowledgment, it states that the defendant is to defend all of the claim.

When sending a breakdown of charges to DG Solicitors do I also include the costs of making the claim or just the amount owed and 8%?

My husband also did not mention in the other letters to remove the default on both our credit files, could a letter to the solicitors also be sent asking for their removal?

He however delivered a letter to the local branch in person today asking for the removal of the defaults.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I have filed an MCOL against HSBC bank, but never mentioned in our correspondence to remove the defaults on our credit files.

I have been reading this forum for most of the morning, but as there is so much information I thought I would start my own thread asking for advice.

we want the defaults removed as it's affecting our mortgage application.

To sum up, we held an account with HSBC but due to their excessive charges my husband decided to have his wages paid into our other joint account.

We owed money on our overdraft, and in Sept we received a letter out of the blue from a debt collection agency asking for the full amount to be repaid.

Our account was closed without any prior notification from HSBC and the debt sold on, again without any correspondence or default notices. We paid the debt straight away.

Now I want the defaults removed where do I begin?

Thanks

P.S. when sending a breakdown of charges to DG solicitors, my husband also sent a letter asking for the defaults to be removed, however I think this will be ignored and therefore want to follow the correct procedure.

• 4 weeks later...

You need to make you cheque payable to HMCS.

You can confirm this by reading leaflet EX50 on the court website Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex50_0406.pdf

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• dx100uk changed the title to HSBC charges reclaiming & default removal