Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks I just had a quick look.  Will study over the w/e My friend does have kids. But it's a really dysfunctional family.  They don't talk.   Many years ago he sold 2 property assets and gave them a lot of money (enough to buy homes w/o loans) .  They've done nothing for him in the last 2 decades. And he altered his will so his new partner gets everything; the kids nothing (more). The 1st form I glanced at - to be deputy - asks for family details.   If I give his kids details I suspect the authorities may say they should get the deputy job instead?  Then  they will steal the money and give nothing to his partner. I can get a copy of the medical assessment  - and get it translated.  If need be.   This has all happened very quickly.  He got sick. And that must have kick-started dementia.   He was fine to hold a detailed conversation 6months ago; now he cant
    • Hi I think the only way around this as he lacks capacity is someone is going to have to apply to be a deputies via the Courts as he has assets here in the UK and a UK Bank Account which will take time and there will possible be Court Fees to make the application. Also if the Lack of Capacity (Dementia) was diagnosed abroad the person applying for deputies will need that diagnosis and it will need to be translated legally for the UK Courts so possibly cost for this as well. Also for reference although you were assisting them before the lack of capacity and had authority to act on there behalf that no longer stands due to there diagnosis of Dementia therefore Lack of Capacity so you no longer have any authority legally to act on there behalf unless the below is actioned or someone has Power of Attorney for that individual (which was setup before the Lack of Capacity) Have a wee look at these links: https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/topics/private-client/mental-capacity-international-aspects#:~:text=You might need to make,act within the foreign jurisdiction https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian I have got to ask with the Dementia diagnoses are you 100% sure the diagnosis states they Lack Capacity as not everyone that gets a Dementia diagnoses may lack capacity initially. Now the Office of the Public Guardian link above you could also consider giving them a call just to give them a brief on this situation and get there advice on what documents etc are needed for deputies to be appointed as the person with Lack of Capacity is abroad.
    • Ultimately, when systems wobble, there is little that can be done - except wait for a fix.View the full article
    • The ready-made drinks are at the heart of a labour dispute that saw thousands of Ontario liquor board workers walk off the job.View the full article
  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 
       

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

       

      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like

o2 contract help needed please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Long background bit - was on a £30 tariff on o2 online at a special retention rate of £20. When my phone packed up a month before the upgrade was due I went into the shop and they offered me an early upgrade. Obviously checked with the sales woman first if that would be on the same £20 rate, as I was a bit concerned about the whole switching to shop thing, and double checked it would be valid throughout the entirety of the new contract just before signing it.

 

All seemed to be going ok until the original upgrade date came round and, you guessed it, they started charging me £30. Online customer services told me I would have to take it up with the shop as they were the ones I signed the new contract with although did concede that if they had upgraded with them I would have been kept on the same offer.

 

The shop’s argument is that they would have only been able to offer me the ‘legacy’ tariff until the original online upgrade date came round, which they seem to have done. My arguments concerning the sales woman reassuring me I would be kept on the offer rate for the entirety of the new contract fell on deaf ears (they are checking with her about this but I don’t think it’s very likely she’s going to land herself in it).

 

The copy of the contract has no figures, merely the words ‘legacy tariff’ on it, which, in their argument, ran out a month in and the shop manager kept reinforcing the point that when they sorted the upgrade they could not have possibly known when the £20 offer would expire. So this is where I think I might have some safety net. Even if they refuse to accept that they told me the offer would carry on, what exactly was I signing? Does it make the contract invalid if no-one knew or could have known, in the shop’s words?

 

Would be really grateful for any advice on this point or indeed generally. Am most annoyed about the whole thing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This problem is more common than you'd think. Retail shops are simply another strand to the network - and are profit centred in their own right. You effectively swapped from an online tariff to a shop one, the fact they honoured the legacy tariff was fair, but as a retail outlet they would never have been able to offer the online tariff as they cannot provide this.

 

If you managed to get someone to confirm your early upgrade would continue on the SAME billing (continuing the legacy tariff) then you would have a right to complain, but in the absence of this, you would then switch to the the retail shop's equivalent tariff. This just isn't a problem with O2, but all the others are in the same boat.

 

I have two legacy tariffs on 3UK and Orange, neither of which can be offered by a retail outlet, ONLY by upgrading with the network directly (these tariffs have no monthly inclusive minutes, but I don't pay a monthly service charge either). Neither of these tariffs are available to new customers, so I guard my investment by only upgrading in a way that does not compromise me. Sadly, it'll be just one of those things and unless you find a sympathetic ear, you might just have to bite the bullet and accept the new deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.

 

I do appreciate that retail and online work differently, only too well now! But that is exactly why I was so careful to ensure my tariff would remain at the legacy rate. In fact it did not change to a shop deal, it was/is still an online tariff and was kept on the retain rate until my actual upgrade would have been due when it was changed to the full-price, but still online, deal. I am still an online customer with an online tariff, just not at the legacy rate.

 

At least twice I got the sales woman to assure me the upgrade would continue on the same tariff, which it has, and on the legacy rate, which it hasn't - despite the contract stating 'legacy tariff'. As previously stated the shop's argument is that they could not have known when the legacy would come to an end but at the time I was absolutely assured it would continue throughout the entirety of the contract. Why else would I have signed it? The problem is now how can I prove this? Well I don't suppose I can which is why I thought that the manager's argument concerning not knowing when the legacy tariff would end, despite the contract stipulating it was a legacy tariff, might render it invalid.

 

Sorry I know it's complicated.

 

I know what you are saying about ensuring upgrades don't result in any compromise but I was so very careful to obtain assurances that what I was doing wouldn't. It wouldn't have been necessary in any case had my phone not needed replacing urgently as I couldn't use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to add to this already long saga but I guess the nutshell point I'm trying to make is that I was lied to, or at the least misled. Which is my first port of call.

 

But if I am not able to convince them and without proof wondered whether their argument re it not being possible for them to know when the legacy tariff would end could be counted against o2? The bottom line is that the only thing I have signed is a contract stating 'legacy tariff' which, an independent arbitrator might agree, is too open to interpretation when no other information is available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You still might achieve this, but it all hinged on the tariff code that was entered at the time of upgrade. Now, as that is something you won't see, you could write to O2 stating the salient points, and that you made it clear to shop staff that at no time where you prepared to leave the legacy tariff. It may be that all that is wrong is the incorrect code entered on your service details, but this is best resolved in writing, rather than trying to get an non-understanding phone operative interestedin the problem!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You still might achieve this, but it all hinged on the tariff code that was entered at the time of upgrade. Now, as that is something you won't see, you could write to O2 stating the salient points, and that you made it clear to shop staff that at no time where you prepared to leave the legacy tariff. It may be that all that is wrong is the incorrect code entered on your service details, but this is best resolved in writing, rather than trying to get an non-understanding phone operative interestedin the problem!

 

Thanks ever so, I like the line about at no time being prepared to leave the legacy tariff. I will try writing to them if I don't get any joy from the shop manager, who is meant to be phoning me, though I'm not holding my breath.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...