Who would NOT use a bank given the choice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How would you choose to be paid?  

47 Caggers have voted

1. 1. How would you choose to be paid?

• Cash - I would not use a bank again.
    • Cheque - I would pay it into a basic account.
    • Direct Transfer - I like it the way it is.

Ok, so we all know that banks stall, send other peoples personal information to other customers, have been acting unlawfully for years, have no respect for their customers, etc...etc...

Now the banks are claiming that the end of 'free banking' is coming if they are no longer 'allowed' to make these charges, should the choice of how employees are paid be given back to the employee rather than be forced to take a paid 'service'? - the service being allowing the bank to have your money to earn more money from.

So, if there was a change in the law that enabled employees to choose how they were paid, which way would you decide upon?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hello Dave, i have just voted for cash,nice and simple.

After the bank action/claims have taken place.If i tell my employer that i no longer have a bank account and i am unable to get one(not true) would they be forced to change the way they pay me in future?

Just a thought

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

I took the other option - the way it is!!

I much prefer handling cash myself, so it was a blessing in disguise when I had to switch to a Basic bank account some time back, but as far as a company issuing wages is concerned, I would not like to see a return to the days of large cash deliveries in secure vans in order to pay staff - it's costly and open to other obvious dangers.

Not such a problem for very small firms, but mid or large sized ones would be met with much larger operating costs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

it's costly and open to other obvious dangers.

....like theft?

...er...hang on....

;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

....like theft?

...er...hang on....

;-)

Yes, but this time by people who we might struggle to take to court!! :p

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

....like theft?

...er...hang on....

;-)

...aaahhh...but you mention elsewhere that they would be honest thieves, and at least they don't pretend that they aren't stealing your money...unlike some other professions who claim it is all our own fault...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Bank complaints are on BBC1 now

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

True, true.

Seriously, I would rather keep it in a shoebox - obviously my youngest daughters shoebox - I don't earn the sort of money that would fill a 'man-size' shoebox!!

------------

------------

True, true.

Seriously, I would rather keep it in a shoebox - obviously my youngest daughters shoebox - I don't earn the sort of money that would fill a 'man-size' shoebox!!

...and Dave adds himself to the list of people who are NOT funny...(groan!!!)

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Me too.

The banks are trying to woo people with the amount of interest they can earn on their account/savings.

Most people i know cant afford to save and i probably earn pence in a year interest.

The only time my money stays in the bank is when i loose my cashcard.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

Dont forget to donate

Guest Lueeze

Cash too!

You realise the value of money when you get your wages in cash, and if feels worse when you buy something with cash as you have to hand over the notes instead of just paying by card...

I never use my Bank account anymore, and everything gets paid into my OH account, so I always use cash now, and its made a big difference!

Lou x

Lupins
Pardon ?

As in 'I want all the lupins you got!' Term for cash in Monty Python's Flying Circus

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

As in 'I want all the lupins you got!' Term for cash in Monty Python's Flying Circus
I remember - but I had forgotten all about that form of currency...

Lupins are far more reliable than banks that's for sure :D

Lupins are far more reliable than banks that's for sure :D
...and paradoxically they are less seedy too...

...and paradoxically they are less seedy too...
First LOL of the day!! (And I'm in class right now)..

First LOL of the day!! (And I'm in class right now)..
In class? Ah, I forgot, you do teachery stuff...have fun with the little darlings :-)

No I'm a student in class for my S/Dev Learnery Course :D

No I'm a student in class for my S/Dev Course :D
Doh - I forgot...I have teachers on the brain for obvious reasons...(work)

Cash too!

You realise the value of money when you get your wages in cash, and if feels worse when you buy something with cash as you have to hand over the notes instead of just paying by card...

Totally agree. If I take cash into the supermarket as opposed to debit card I don't spend half as much. Plastic alters your perception.

Trunny

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Well, personally I've been much happier since I got rid of credit cards and overdrafts (while giving a couple of banks a good kicking in the process). My wife and I operate two basic accounts. My salary goes into one and is used for bills and saving (absolutly everything on direct debit - card chopped up), and the other for my wife's salary which is spending money for food clothes etc. Nice and simple, no hassle - much less stressful.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Prefer direct bank transfer - mainly because I'm a geek, and like to be able to manage my account online. I usually only use cash however - nip a quick £20 out of the cashpoint when down the pub, etc etc.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

------------

------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks