Nursiepoos vs Barclays

nursiepoos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having been successful with a £11,500 claim against Nationwide last year I am now claim against Barclays for my brother (a mere £1585 lol) but having read some of these threads the dread is setting in.

What are these "Court bundles" I keep reading about? Do Barclays actually bother going to court???

Love to you all

x x x

Wow £11,500, congratulations!

Nationwide obviously must be an easy fight.

A Court bundle is a list of documents that you take with you to court, it's evidence, case studies, your statements, etc.

I don't believe Barclays have gone all the way, however I am told that before you attend court you must provide your court bundle, it is after then the cave in.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

On reading the Step by Step instructions (by Dave in 2006) he states that..."ALL got their money back before a court hearing has been heard". Is this still the case?

Thanks

Nursiepoos?

No, some have been heard but only one of these resulted in anything other than an order for full repayment as far as I am aware. Others may know more.

7/2/07 - Full unconditional settlement + £50 for taking time off work :D

Listen while you read the threads:

My Music8-)

More Music

Hi, Does anyone have a letter I can send back to Barclays re either refusing the offer of £700 (claim is for £1500) or the one i've seen accepting it at part payment etc etc.

Cheers peeps

nursiepoos x

hi to everyone in the forum my name is mr moo iam going to be claiming charges againt myself back from barclays bank. i have just sent my letter off to them asking for my bank statements going back 6 years so i have just started the process. i can only find statements in the house going back 1 year and so far i total 530.00 just for one year of charges

Mr Moo. Welcome to the Barclays forum.

Please open a thread of your own and post all your questions/comments there.

Click on this link, scroll down 5 or 6 clicks of the mouse and you'll see a box called "New Thread". Start there.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've just paid the £120 via MCOL to start a claim for nearly £2k against Barclays and now Ive been reading about what to do next. It looks like I get an Allocation Questionnaire soon and thats I have to send in ANOTHER £100. Is this right? Don't know if I'll be able to afford it, and I don't get any benefits or anything.

Nursiepoos :confused:

Hello again gang.

I've just been reading the court bundle bit as i've just paid my £120 court fee on MCOL...HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO UNDERSTAND THAT!!! Pant Pant Pant lol....It says make it your own and dont forget to add in your own information....BUT ITS ALL GOBBLEDYGOOK TO ME! I wouldnt know what bits to put in where if my life depended on it! Help and paper bag for the hyperventilating please. (Didnt have to go through all this when i claimed from Nationwide last year - they didnt do court bundles SOB :x )

As Scooby Doo would say.....HEYULP

Nursiepoos

x x x

Sorry Bookworm...its just that I can never find my own thread when i log on.

Nursie :D

At the top click 'Quick Links' scroll down to subscribed threads and the that narrows down the search to all the threads you have posted on or set up including your own.

Alternatively enter your thread title in the search box and this should find it for you.

You may want to look at my thread as have already had one claim settled with Barclays and am now going back pre 2000.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/44145-tanzarelli-barclays-1st-one.html

HTH

Tanz

There's no harm in looking at what's need for the court bundle etc, but you won't actually need it until you have court date, which will be sometime after you have submitted your AQ. In the meantime:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, some advice urgently please. Im trying to sort this claim against Barclays on behalf of my brother. Have just had the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to his local court - attached is the Defence and Counterclaim from Adrian St John (Git lol). The judge has ordered "The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed within this case" but there is no such form included, do i get it from mcol or something? also, as this was sent to me from my brother I am very near, if not late, to the deadline of 14 days (order made 02 april, its the 15th today!!!)

Please help

Nursiepoos

x x x

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Can someone interpret this letter for me please..

"Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, baried or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Directions will be given in this case by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour Judge G Hickinbottom, on the 14th August 2007 at blah blah Cardiff blah.

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the Court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing.

Does it mean this is the court bundle stage??? Sorry to be dim if it is, my claim with N'wide last year was so much easier lol, they caved in within weeks. Cheers peeps, Nursiepoos x x x

Hi Bookwrm,

Judge dispensed with the AQ in Brigend court as case was being transferred to Cardiff. Bridgend court helpline said the next Judge may ask for the AQ. This letter is the next thing ive received, no mention of an AQ.

And while im here, i'll give the details...im doing it on behalf of my brother:

Shaun Egan

7QZ23443

Barclays Bank

Court Date 14th Aug 2007

Amount £1,998.12 at last calculation

xxx

• Haha 1