Hwangsie Vs Duet Rnd 1 & 2

Hwangsie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Havent really had time to log my progress what with the holidays and all but..

Sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off to one Ms Judith Mucklow at Duet on 12 December 2006 recorded delivery. Received my statements on the 21 December albeit 3 consecutive monthly statements missing. Fired off a prelimenary letter requesting full payment for charges and so forth with consideration to the 3 missing statements...

" I calculate that you have taken £xxx.xx plus £xxx.xx which you have charged me in overdraft, service charges and interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £x,xxx.xx

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

Moreover, it seems that there are 3 consecutive statements missing pertaining to May 2003, July 2003 and August 2003. The charges relating to these missing statements have not been factored into the schedule of charges. I will however, consider this omission on receipt of your reply".

I gave them 14 days for a favourable reply..

Received a reply on 3rd January 2007 which read in the region of "Sorry you feel this way....we will do what we can to come to an amicable conclusion...., meanwhile I enclose details of our customer service department if you have further concerns on how we deal with complaints...blah, blah, blah".

So in my estimation, they have until 17 January 2007 for a 'favourable' reply.:?:

May I also mention thanks to Chetz for her help :)

• 4 weeks later...

Right, another update. Busy as hell. As I mentioned in my previous thread, Duet (Creation Financial Services Ltd) gave written notice that they were investigating and would reply within 15 days. So I fired off a reply stating that I would stick to my deadline and gave caution that I will file a court claim against them. They duly replied promptly offering a measly sum of £28 "without prejudice..." to settle the affair. I nearly split my sides laughing:rolleyes: . Anyway, I replied that I would only accept this as part payment and would pursue the outstanding amount in court if necessary and that time was still ticking, in not so many words.

So...No reply on deadline date, checked recorded delivery receipts with Royal Mail. It was received and signed for. Yesterday I filed with Money Claim Online. Wont bore you with particulars but adjusted standard template to suit my claim.

A bit apprehensive but knew it would go this far as I usually have crap luck.

However, this mcol was a bit tricky. Only 24 lines and no special characters. The ladies on the mcol helpline were very good though. Told me leave out any characters such as £ / ; % after I had trouble submitting the damn form.