still geting £41 bank charges even after claiming all my charges back in october

barnsley john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Iv'e phoned hsbc to try and get my charges taken off saying "im well aware there illegal charges" .

But the Indian chap on the other end of the phone didnt have the slightest clue what i was on about.

is there any templates for a letter asking for my charges to be reversed as im well aware of the law and have all ready made a sucessful claim against them

thanks john :D

Claiming the charges back isnt the main issue here.

What i want is for hsbc to realise i know there charge is unlawful in the first place and to stop charging me.

Ive no loans or overdraft yet they see fit to charge me £41 for been £20 over drawn.

Isn't the amount they can legaly charge me £12.50 for admin fees ?

• 3 months later...

Isn't the amount they can legaly charge me £12.50 for admin fees ?

Absolutely not. The law states (and always has done) that the amount they are allowed to charge you is whatever it costs them and not a penny more.

They can add in all of the costs relating to the breach of conditions, not just the cost of a stamp and envelope. They can include the software costs, infrastructure costs, overheads etc. that relate to that particular action.

If it truly costs them £25, then they are allowed to charge you that. But if it only costs then a pound (much more likely), that's what they should be charging.

The £12 bit is the OFT have stated that it is not in the public interest to take up cases when credit card companies are charging more than that amount - it doesn't mean that £12 is acceptable.

Completely agree that you either need to sort out a small buffer overdraft (say £50-100), or make sure you don't go overdrawn in the first place.

In the end, if you are constantly breaking the conditions of your account (exceeding overdraft limit), they would have some justification in closing your account.

which will probably take them an exceedingly long time to do as they're charging you!!! But what buster says is correct, a small buffer overdraft (0% would be ideal and preferably one that has the minimum of fees / charges) would be a good place to start.

with regards to a letter, u COULD send them the LBA tailored to your own circumstances of course.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

i know a few people that have physically gone into the bank and asked for the charges to be reversed, however i also know a lot of peeps that have done that and they've refused to budge - i'd just start another claim... but that's me!!! i'm on my third claim on the same account:p

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!