Halifax not replied after 40 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after a bit of advice. I sent the DPA letter to my local branch and also the head office address at trinity road, but neither of them have replied. Do I report them to the Independant Commissions now or should I send another letter.

Oh and when I sent the letters I did not send the £10.00 charge. Will I have to do this. TBH I'm a little stuck as to where to go from here so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

Technically speaking, their 40 days does not start until they acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee. If they choose to waive the fee, that is their prerogative.

My suggestion would be to give them a call, but there is a possibility that you may have to start again if they prove awkward.

Good luck.

p.s. it is the Information Commissioner who you would report them to :|

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you, I was worried that might be the case, so I have sent an e-mail to their customer relations department again attaching copies of my letters and asking them to reply within 7 days. I have not mentioned their £10.00 fee and shall see if I get a response, if not I shall send the £10.00 fee and take it from there.

What if they don't acknowledge my £10.00 fee? Can I still report them to the Information Commisioner?

What if they don't acknowledge my £10.00 fee? Can I still report them to the Information Commisioner?
They can't not acknowledge the fee - if it is included with your request, then it is deemed accepted after a day or two to allow for postage.

I suppose what I meant was if they say "we won't charge you..." they can't use this as an excuse to say that you haven't paid.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have a letter from my local branch where they state "I have been advised from our customer relations department that we will not charge a fee when a request is made under Data Protection Act"

Would be happy to scan and email it to admin if it would be of use in someone elses predicament.:?:

Regards,

Tony.

16/04/06 Been thinking about action for a couple of weeks & decided to take the plunge! DPA request Sent Via email

18/04/06 DPA request handed into local branch, fee paid £5 - Reciept obtained

20/04/06 After emailing/faxing 3 times a day, phone call to say the statements have been ordered

26/04/06 Letter received with list of charges and refund of £5

27/04/06 Statements for 1st account received Parachute Deployed

29/04/06 Statements for 2nd account Received, Request for repayment sent £1446.55

04/05/06 Standard reply with complaints leaflet received.

08/05/06 Conditional offer received

View my progress

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks