Valuation Fee = No Mortgage Offer

funbint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Hope somebody can advise me. I recently parted with £495 valuation fee for a mortgage with Countrywide Mortgage Company, basically they could not assist so passed it onto First National.

It was confirmed that the valuation was ok, it was not de-valued yet they would not let me see this report, although I had paid for it ! :? :mad:

To cut a long story short I filled out the mortgage application, gave them proof of id, proof of income, etc..etc. This was approx 19th Sept 06, between this date and upto 6 weeks later they were asking rather personal questions like -

A) Why is it not a joint application, when we know you have a partner ?

B) Will you agree for the affordability to send your car back to the finance house ?

C) Were is the deposit coming from and proove you have it ?

D) They wanted proof of rental income for 2 other buy to let properties I own ?

E) Why does your mother live with you and do you charge her rent ?

I thought some of the questions were too personal, and whilst I understand they have underwriting criteria, this was not a high risk loan with a 20% deposit amounting to £20k I was furious.

After 6 weeks, I was no further forward, with no mortgage offer nor decline. So I wrote to various key people within Country Wide and First National. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eventually approx 8 weeks later they rejected me and said they were unable to help me, when I asked why the hid behind the "Sorry you dont meet our criteria" . I told them that I dont think they should have cashed my cheque and carried out the valuation knowing full well they would not be help me.

I have since written to them asking for my money back, of which they have declined and sent me a letter with a complaints leaflet. Is there anything I can do to get this money back.

I think its disgraceful.......................................................................

Good news, is I have got a mortgage offer on the same property with a smaller deposit :D However, because I had to pay for another valuation it cost me over £1k ..........................................................................

So do not deal with First National or Countrywide Mortgage Services, I believe they are unprofessional in my opinion

ANY ADVICE PLEASE

Many thanks

Law Pack & Small Claims Procedures Ordered Via site :) received 26/10/2006 I thank you :)

Claiming contractual @ £1.40per day ;) take your time Mr West

Can't wait to donate my 5%............. :)

Check the wording of ANY communication, letters leaflets etc regarding the valuation fee.

If that looks clear then take em to small claims. i'm sure it will be covered in Sale of Goods/Services etc. You have paid for something in good faith and they have not provided a satisfactory "product" or service.

Law Pack & Small Claims Procedures Ordered Via site :) received 26/10/2006 I thank you :)

Claiming contractual @ £1.40per day ;) take your time Mr West

Can't wait to donate my 5%............. :)

• 1 year later...