• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DBR joint accout vs Lloydtsb

daisy_bumbleroot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive started a new joint account thread because my questions keep not getting answered on the old one - praps the thread title is wrong? (*sob!*)

Basically the joint account is an old billing account of mine ive had for about 10 years, that was converted in March 2005 when my boyf and I bought a house together, to use for our bills.

We've so far ammassed £580 in charges.

I didnt send the DPA letter as i was able to get all the charges from my online banking statements.

Prelim letter was sent 31st Oct, LBA letter sent 16th November.

Theyve therefore had time o plenty to reply, and now that my boyf has just recieved £750 from the kind folks at Lloydtsb, we have now plenty of coin to file the small claim.

I want to go down the mcol route and would like some advice please.

1 - Ive been sending the letters so far in just my name, but i understand that as its a joint account the small claim has to be done in both our names. is this right?

2 - On the mcol do can i put "Mr AXXX and Miss PXXX" in the surname and "CXXX and PXXX" in the forename or do i have to do it differentley because we arnt an individual, we are individuals

3 - do I put in the particulars that the account has been open for 2 years or the 10 that the account has been open in total?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated as i want to get this moving along asap.

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

Daisy Hi

Unfortunately I did not file by MCOL -however i would - on your POC start off as you would if were just your account, with the start date of 10 years ago etc . Then just add an extra paragraph/sentence stating that the account name changed to Mr .....& Miss........ with effect from ../../.. and confirm that the account number has stayed the same.

Regards

Paula

Daisy Hi

Unfortunately I did not file by MCOL -however i would - on your POC start off as you would if were just your account, with the start date of 10 years ago etc . Then just add an extra paragraph/sentence stating that the account name changed to Mr .....& Miss........ with effect from ../../.. and confirm that the account number has stayed the same.

Regards

Paula

Thank you Upton11!!!

So just to clarify - I file the Mcol as

Surname : Miss PXXXXX

Forename : CXXXXX

and add in a little paragraph to effect you mentioned?

Okies, off i go :D

**** WON ****

Daisy Hi

Problem is I have not seen MCOL. Is there not space for two names in the Claimant section? If there is, put both names, and set out the chronology of the account in your first paragraph in the POC.

Clearly if there is only room for one name, then put just yours

regards

Paula

• Haha 1

This is what Ive put for the N1 bit - some more questions though!!!

Claimants have an account 77-71-43 33924068

with Defendant from 2005 conducted on their

standard terms and conditions. Claimants are

claiming the return of £580.00 by Defendant

in charges over 2 years. The Defendant's

charges are a disproportionate penalty and

therefore unenforceable as they are contrary

to common law. They are also invalid under

the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and

under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts

Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a

penalty they are unreasonable within the

meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services

Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined

justification of charges despite repeated

requests. Claimants claim interest under

Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a

rate of 8% a year from 3rd October 2005 to

8th January 2007 of £19.25 and also interest

at same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.13p

Im not sure there is enough room for me to explain that bit about the account once being mine, but Ive put both our names on the claimant section. I hope this is ok? can anybody please clarify? (i appreciate upton11's help *thank you* but just can someone else give thier 2 penneth please?)

Also - in the claim amounts section do i fill in £580 or £599.25 (ie with the extra interest)?

**** WON ****

Hi Daisy, are you determine to file on MCOL. It seems to me if you just use the N1 you could get everything you need in.

If you claim sets out that the account was started in 2005, i do not see how you can claim back further in time.

I understand your desire to issue asap, but to not get it right now, may only cause you real problems later.

Regards

Paula

Hiya

Sorry bout the confusion!

The account was converted in march 2005 and the charges were from May 2005. When I had it previous to it being converted, it didnt get any charges on it, its only been since its our joint account (starting up a home together meant money was tight and Lloyds TSB thieving off us every other month didnt help)

Can someone else please have a look and advise please?

(Thanks Upton11!)

**** WON ****

One question regards joint accounts. Ive been reading other ppls threads and when it comes to COURT BUNDLE, it says you have to send you statements. What if your missing some, will a print out from the internet suffice?

**** WON ****

• 1 month later...

Hi there everybody

My boyf and I decided to leave the joint account til after my solo account one had won, plus when we had a bit more cash to cover costs. Well I sent my AQ for my solo account today and so am ready for the joint account.

Now, its Been AGES since i sent the LBA and prelim - last year. Does this matter, should I send another LBA, or is it ok to just go ahead and file a small claim even though its been 3 months since LBA?

**** WON ****

Cheers Barty! Then I can be sure that I've given them plenty of opportunity!

Do you think i should mention in my LBA that this is thier second chance sunday?

**** WON ****

ARGH! Waited til today to see how much in charges would go out and there is £140. My boyf got charged £90 too, so thats all his wages gone in charges!

Anyway, just added it on and sent the 2nd LBA as a reminder that we are coming for them.

(My AQ cheque for my solo account got cashed today so we are counting the days!)

**** WON ****

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh it is so frustrating isn't it? I see all these people who issued at the same time as me get their settlement letters, and we have got jack-all!!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Oh it is so frustrating isn't it? I see all these people who issued at the same time as me get their settlement letters, and we have got jack-all!!

Its LTSB, stupid idiots that they are, they cant see that by dragging thier heels its costing them more and more and more. Why dont they just admit and pay up FFS. Morons.

On the plus side though dolly, its like one big, high interest savings account for us :D

For a laugh, i might just start writing letters to scm,coz if they write me back each time, its gonna cost LTSB about £50 a go :rolleyes: coz i dont care, im not a shareholder, Im not stupid enough to invest in thier stupid bank!!!

**** WON ****

• 2 weeks later...

It says on MCOL - defence 30th March, Ive not heard ANYTHING from ANYONE yet... no defence paper, no AQ sent, no change of court and most importantly - no refund...

**** WON ****

Hi

Does it say that they have entered a defence on MCOL and the claim cannot proceed online or something like that? If so you should get a copy of it in the next few days.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi

Does it say that they have entered a defence on MCOL and the claim cannot proceed online or something like that? If so you should get a copy of it in the next few days.

Barty:)

Hi Barty

I rang MCOL just now. They said its getting transferred to Derby and I should recieve the defence and whatnot in any day :)

**** WON ****

The swine have taken another £70!!!

So, Ive written a new prelim to ask for it back :D

Madness, we got a letter from them dated 26th March saying they'll give us it back within 5 days... Still not in the account though.

AQ arrived for 1st claim at home yesterday :) so will be filling in that puppy and dropping off at the court tomorrow afternoon.

**** WON ****

OK - Got home to Derby from work yesterday... 2 things

1 - They paid back the £70! Hurray!

2 - And I got the "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" for the court date, and weirdest thing... it goes like this

A defence to this claim has been filed

The claim has been transferred to the court covering the area where the claimant lives or carries on business

Please read the accompanying documents carefully...

(The bit that normally says and note that the allocation questionnaire should be returned to the Derby County court has been crossed out!!!)

Wicked!!!

The defence is a 9 point defence. In fact I cant read half of it because whichever bernard photocopied it, is incapable of using a copier, it went through on a diagonal and cut half of it off.

ANyway - next page goes

Without hearing

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

1. The filing of an AQ de dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise**

Note - any party affected by this order may uncer rul 3.3(5) appplyto have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order

** Please note that an allocation fee may be payable in this instance. Please contact the court of transfer for further details.

date order drawn April 27th 2007.

Guess theyre getting a bit bored of all the claims!!!

Anyway, I got no AQ to send.... do i just hang tight now and wait for a court date (i guess providing scm dont apply for a stay?!)

**** WON ****

• 4 weeks later...

Okies,

Got a general form of judgement or order. Its not on my person, i forgot to bring it, but the lovely ohrebus said he will fax it tomorrow.

It basically is the same as my solo account, except -

My part - i only have 21 days to send a schedule (if not already sent) and a statement of evidence else I get struck out (solo account was 28 days and i had to send all court bundle too)

LTSB part - they got 21 days after to send all kinds of gumpf!!! Loads more than they had to on my solo account - else they will get struck out. And seeing as they sent sweet FA in on my solo and did get struck out and ordered to pay up then I feel rather confident about the joint account.

As soon as OhRebus faxes tomorrow, i will type up what it says - YIPPEEE FOR DERBY JUDGES!

**** WON ****