Court on 16th but no contact

sammyjammy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is on behalf of my Sister in law, we've not posted a thread so far but her court date is set for next Tuesday and we've had no contact from the bank since they sent in their allocation questionnaire, she's not had a copy of their evidence, should she have? They've not tried to make a settlement with her since the start (claim is for just under £1000).

The problem is she is getting cold feet about court and I'm a bit concerned the whole thing will fall apart and she will cancel, is it worth sending Barclays an email? If so can anyone point me to a template which might help us word it?

Grateful for any advice, I'm really concerned they have forgotten about her.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

Check this link out

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/56288-barclays-litigation-information.html?highlight=deadsquirrel

this is what I found out when I phoned them. Sounds like they're short staffed and snowed under.

Don't lose confidence now - there's nothing sinister waiting at court.

Hi guys, yes this is the full hearing. We've sent our court bundle to both Barclays and the court but haven't receive anything from them. I appreciate that there is nothing scary but the trouble is its not my fight and I can't help her as I live 300 miles away, I may still be able to talk her around and will get her to give them a call, thanks all

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Get her to call saying this is just a courtesy asking where their bundle is and that she thought she'd better check with them before she informs the court that Barclays have failed to submit it in time.

The chances are they will say that they are settling in full. If not then write to the court re their failure to submit the bundle.

I'm really cross now, she has tried Barclays but they don't answer telephone and it goes to ansaphone so she has left a message, she then rang the court who were extremely rude and asked what she expected them to do about !! They told her she would have to attend court on Monday where the judge would decide if they had submitted evidence or not and was she pyschic saying that they hadn't!!

I've told her to ring again and politely request to speak to someone else, its no wonder the poor girl is reluctant to go to court on Monday if this is the way she will be treated. Sorry for the rant, any other suggestions? It seems like this visit to court on Monday will be a waste of time, she has three children and will have to make complex arrangements at work and for collecting children.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Settled in full!!! Will point her in direction of survey and donation, thanks for all the help - talk about go to the wire! Will be making a complaint against the woman in the court office.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

How did she get them to settle in full before vourt if you dont mind me asking? Did she eventually speak to someone at barclays?

Hi Miss Money Penny, we rang Barclays as they hadn't sent her a copy of their evidence, they settled on the spot without any prompting from us, with hindsight we shouldn't have left it so late to chase it up,

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11