6 years - help please

jayneuk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am so confused about the 6 years thing. I have read loads, but don't seem to be any further forward.

I have sent my sar and am now waiting for my statements (from Halifax). The thing is, I don't know whether to just claim for the last 6 years, or to go for the whole lot (about 18 years!). I realise that they may only send me 6 years worth of statements, in which case I won't have much choice, but if they do send me the lot, should I claim it all? From what I have read, it will make for a much longer and more complicated claim, which I know I will find extremely daunting.

Also, is there a risk of me getting nothing at all? I mean, if I claim all of it, might I get nothing? If this is the case, then I will stick to the 6 years, but if it's a case of getting 6 years or 18 years, then I may as well fight for the lot. Hope I've made sense. Any suggestions?

Regards Jayne.

Yes you can claim the lot. Let them raise the time bar argument & if they claim they only have to hold records going back 6 years (note the wording they only have too doesn't mean they don't) ask them (in writing) to confirm when, where & how they disposed of your records.

If they were to fight & win any time bar argument (very dodgy for them to try, they might lose) it would only affect that period covered by the limitations act.

It's also worth mentioning that members having only recently started claiming pre 6 years are having their claims met in full

Thanks for the reply JonCris. I will go for the lot then, if doing that won't jeopardise me getting anything in any way. The trouble is, it will probably be a longer, harder fight, won't it? I will have to reply to things, and do court stuff, and all that. How will I get my head round it all and know what to do?? :confused:

jayneuk

TBH i don't think it matters a jot what the time period covered by the claim is. the degree of difficulty for claims seems to be more bank related than anything else.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA