OFT report due March 2007 N.Ireland?

eratu13

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

does anyone know anything about a report due in March from the OFT. I have had my case adjourned at the last minute while the court awaits the report.

Eratu13

Data protection act letter sent ,received partial info with 2 days to spare.

Preliminary Approach for refund sent 19/08/06 standard delaying letter received 25/08/06

Posted Letter before action 06/09/06

NI Small Claims Online 22/09/06 filed claim for£1977 with interest and charges comes to around £2800.

Return Date 26/10/06

Court Date Adjourned at direction of Judge awaiting OFT/Competition Commision report due March

ho Eratu13, I've been following your claim with interest as I too hope to file a claim against the FTB. firstly have you asked the OFT is they have any reports in regard to Bank Charges due in March? Just give them a call, they work for the consumer!

From what I can find on the net there is a report being compiled by the Competition Commission arising from a reference from the OFT into "Northern Irish personal banking". The schedule which can be found here Competition Commission - Inquiries - Northern Irish personal banking states that the 31st of March is the deadline for information submission.

The provision findings of this report can be found here http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/inquiries/ref2005/banking/prov_find_report.pdf If you look at section 4.25 you will see that it states "It remains to be seen whether

there is a permanent change in the public perception and acceptance of these

charges, whether adverse publicity may motivate any changes in charging levels and

policies, and if the OFT will seek to apply similar findings to PCAs as it has done to

credit cards."

Basically the NI banks are saying like all the others that the OFT's findings are for credit card charges not Bank Charges so thet judge is waiting on clarification fom the OFT if it does or not.

Hope this helps

xL