Interest charges etc help with N1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have been on and off this site for the past month trying to work out how to go about filing my claim so far i have - send the initial letter with breakdwon of penalty charges to Abbey Nat and recieved letter saying they will respond in 4 weeks while they look into it - i am currently filling in N1 to file the small claim but am stuck on the interest. The excel sheets i intially did do not have interest on them or even APR i have now read somewhere that if you don't do it properly then they will assume you do not know what you are doing and not give you your charges back. I know there are all the vampiress's fab spreadsheets but can someone actually explain how i go about applying the interest do i just add 8% APR to the total or is there some other way of doing it all help gratefully received.

Hello and thanks for your response - i sent the letter on 20th December the one saying "if you do not comply with refunding the costs i will then have to go to court" - they did respond to the letter saying it was passed to their complaints department then i received a further letter from Abbey saying they will respond within 4 weeks from 28th December the date of their letter. I guess now it is time to fill in the spreadsheet you sent and then file at the small claims court. If there is anything else i need to do please let me know. Thanks for your help with this i will keep people posted.

It sounds like small claims court for you then have a read through this lot you may find it helpful http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

also may be a good idea if you post your particulars of your claim before you file at court as people will be able to help and let you know if you need to change anything.

Hello i have the particulars of the claims already filled in but don't know how or where to post it - could you let me know when possible how and where to do this i am just in the process of recalculating costs plus interest i am now probably looking at a total of over £6,500! yikes . Thanks again for your help.

Hello i have the particulars of the claims already filled in but don't know how or where to post it - could you let me know when possible how and where to do this copy and paste to your thread i am just in the process of recalculating costs plus interest i am now probably looking at a total of over £6,500! yikes . Thanks again for your help.

you may want to think about splitting your claim because it may get moved out of small claims.

which bank your you claiming against? you need to start a thread in the their forum you will get much more help there.

thanks again for this info - really appreciate - haven't quite figured out how to do a new thread but will take another look and have a go.

and i can split my claim as it is for 2 different bank accounts with Abbey.

If you go to the Abby forum and look at the top left you should see new thread click it. and then your laughing.