mccann vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent my first letter (DPA request) off on the 12th of December. Got a letter back just before christmas saying that the charges were part of the terms and conditions and that they would be reviewing their charges in the future. Also included a booklet about the terms and conditions of the current account.

They haven't banked my cheque yet and the 40 days (i'm assuming it's 40 working days) won't be up until feb some time.

Should I just hold off until the 40 days is fully up?

Thanks

Hi! the only letter that you need to take any notice of is the one that says "Here are all your charges back!"

They are on your timescale and conditions. The shoe is on the other foot etc etc etc.

Your timescale is 40 CALENDAR days - so, sent 12/12, assume received 14/12 (reasonable timescale in law!) therefore your 40 days are up on 21/1. If you haven't got what you asked for by then start making waves. There are templates in the library to remind them and for the Data Registrar, also there is info around on how to take them to court and make them give you the info.

Before that happens though, when you have about ten days to go and want to give them a nudge look through my old thread for loads of contacts, as I keep saying in there, Kelly is the one! I bet she hates me!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/35380-aarons-dad-halifax.html

Best of luck, any probs PM (sorry, private message) me and I'll try to help. Bear with me though, my Dad's in hospital 30 miles away and the days are a blur.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a letter from the Halifax and all my statements are being sent out in the next day or so. They cashed my cheque of 10 pounds on the 16th though!

So I should know by this time next week how much I'm owed!

• 4 weeks later...