Hayley Vs Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to this site so I hope this is right!

I sent my first letter to Barclays on 5th Jan requesting money back for the unlawful charges and to remove the default notices on my account. Since reading all the information on what to say on this website I think I might have gone wrong already!!!!!!!

I mentioned in my first letter that "I require full repayment of these charges, which I calculate at £1915 plus interest of £405.11", will this jeopardise my case as I understand after reading all the info that i'm not legally allowed to ask for it yet?

Hope someone can help!

Hayley :(

You can ask for your money at any time. The normal course of action is

1) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to get details of all charges.

2) Prelim letter, This informs the bank that you require your money back

3) Letter before action - This informs the bank that unless they comply with your request, you will take them to court.

4) Court.

If you already have full details of your charges for the last six years, then you do not need to carry out step 1.

The best course of action is to use the templates in the template library, amended slightly to suit your circumstances. And read all you can. If you used the template than just wait the 14 days and send them the LBA (letter before action) and read the success stories in the Barclays forum. These will give you the confidence to be successful with your own claim.

Good luck

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Spotnot,

Thank you for your response.

I've already sent the prelim letter and this was where i detailed the interest too. I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to ask for the interest untill you start court proceedings but i must be wrong on that one?!

The problem was I used a template from another website and not from this website so i just wanted to make sure it was all ok.

Barclays are due to come back on the 19th January so i'm sure i'll be sending the LBA due to no response.

Thank you very much for your help, i'll go and have a look at the Barclays forum.

Hayley

It depends which route you want to take. You can iether claim 8% at the court stage or claim contractual interest at whatever rate the bank are charging you. If you claim contractual interest, you cannot add the 8% at the court stage.

I, personally, add contactual interest at the authorised borrowing rate, but many claim at the unauthorised rate, so its really up to you.

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!