• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Woolie75 vs Lloyds TSB

Woolie75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Sending of my Request for payment charges letter, along with my schedule of charges spreadsheet this morning. Via Recorded (Signed For) delivery.

Thanks to Vampiress for all the help with the spreadsheet.:)

Due to unforeseen circumstances I never got my letter of when I said on my post.

I managed to get it in the post 10th January 2007 and its delivered from Royal Mails BIRMINGHAM Delivery Office on 11/01/07 . So I am going to assume they have received it.

But will wait in anticipation for their reply.

Will try Royal Mails Track and trace service again in 72 Hours to see if it will tell me exactly who signed for it.

:confused: This may just be coincidence I don't know.

But I was telephoned today from the Lloyds TSB branch my accounts are registered at at 6:30pm by a customer advisor.

Apparently I have the wrong credit card, as it doesn't match with my Platinum Current Account. But that it can only be retified now. Something to do with the level of interest I am paying. The figure I was told was £20.00 a month more in interest then I should be paying.

So I was told.

So I am popping in to my branch tomorrow to sort it all out.

Then we get on to the subject of mortgages and how they could do me a better deal there as well, so have an appointment Tuesday with their mortgage advisor.

Whats funny is after opening my accounts last year and I had the odd courtesy call around the time of opening my account and a good 30 days after just to make sure I had received all my bits and pieces. They had not bothered with me since. Now I know you get allocated an accounts manager (I think that is there correct title, not sure as have lost paperwork they left me with there name, job title and contact details) but I have never heard from them. Also never felt the need to contact them.

What do other people think, coincidence or not?

It's been a while since my last post.

Right the outcome of my meeting. Well I find out that I am not eligible for an upgrade on my credit card after all!!! They couldn't understand why I was called in the first place?!?

Mortgage advice not much help there either.

Used the Track and Trace again on the Royal Mail web site to see who signed for my letter with my request for payment.

Was signed by a Michael Fallon 7:03am 11/01/07 but as of yet had no reply?!?

Are they taking my claim seriously?!?

Advice required!!!

In a nut shell I think I have just received what I perceive is a bog off letter.

Here is a copy.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Customer Service

Recovery Centre

Charlton Place

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough money in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have agreed to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair charge for this service.

Of course it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged - for services before you take them up. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges altogether. I'm sure you'll know how easy it is to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You're free to get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over the limit we've agreed, you're welcome to see if we can raise it - and we can usually give you an answer straight away. Again we can do that for you by phone, on line or at any of our branches.

THE INTERESTING BIT!!!

You've mentioned the new guidelines from the Office of Fair Trading on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. The fees we charge for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit are not defualt charges because we haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.

I hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If we cannot come to an agreed solution after this I will help you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Services for independant advice.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need to reply to my letter. If I have not heard back from you by the 12/03/2007, I will close my file, though I will be happy to reopen it should you come back at any point afterwards.

Someone please post a reply to state what my next plan of action should be.

Do I send of my LBA or do something else, such as contact the Financial Ombudsman Services as adviced in the letter?!?

Have until the 12/03/2007 to get a reply back to them so really need replies and advice ASAP ideally.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Woolie, I should continue the process by sending your letter before action. The letter you have received is a pretty standard reply from Lloyds. It is one of there stalling tactics which you will become more familiar with over the months to come. Just follow the instructions on this site carefully and you shouldn't go wrong.

All the best and good luck.

Hibbit v Lloyds TSB -Classic Account Started August 2006

Claiming £2278.53.

Litigation in progress. AQ sent and AQ received from S,C&M.

:!:CASE STAYED UNTIL 21/01/07 TO ALLOW SETTLEMENT:!:

Hibbit v Lloyds TSB - Asset Mastercard started January

S.A.R sent

Letter Before Action along with my charges spreadsheet. Will be in the post to them either tonight if I can get to the post office in time.

If not it will be tomorrow morning. Sent via Recorded (signed for) delivery. They then have 7 days to respond which if we are talking working days gives them till the 5th February.

I looked at the template letters on this site, then took a look at the example letters on Martin Lewis MoneySavingExpert.com website. Decided to use his template letter. Which to me seemed better worded and that says 7 days on it. I think the letter before action seemed a bit like how my Request for payment which I used from the template letters on this site, was worded.

There is a good reason why the letters have 14 and not 7 days on them. The CAG templates are tried and tested, you should stick with them, in particular the time periods.

I see too many people stray away from the methods advocated on site or just not following the directions (or even reading them) with the results that it costs them more money and makes matters very difficult for them.

We need to be more careful and thorough than ever before when preparing and litigating our claims, with orders like Kazzaw's etc. someone will be in court soon.

If someone has not followed the CAG directions carefully then Lloyds are more likely to exploit that and to pick on that claim.

• Confused 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...

I know it has been a while since I last posted on my thread.

So here goes.

I received a letter on the 20th February from lloyds TSB, letter dated 14th February.

On the letter it said that they would refund the £580 of charges I had claimed for, plus they would waive my March charge of £30.

I know I have not got the interest I had claimed for but I am happy I got my money back.

So job done as far as I am concerned.

Just got my Halifax charges to claim back now, so please view my other thread to watch progress on that. (Woolie75 Vs Halifax)

At the moment I am working my way through the statements they have sent me for three accounts I have with them and, doing my spreadsheets of charges.