We need to make some money - comments please

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alison82

If everyone donated you guys £1 or even 50p you would be sorted, If you have a pay pal account it could be done instantly!

Definitely a donate button. What have you got to lose.

Ambivilant about affiliates. No problem, as long as they're not intrusive (especially no pop-ups). I'm reasonably solvent and am only claiming £90, so for me it's just a good bit of sport and if (no,when) I get the money I will certainly be donating. I'm sure that anybody who is in a position to donate will do so willingly. Make it happen and just watch the money roll in!

Keep up the good work.

A donate button sounds great. not sure about affiliate programs though. Could you try using just the donate button first, to see if that raises enough revenue? IMO the less this site has any links with commercial organisations the better.

Agree with you HD, the donate button sounds like the best idea.

This site has done an awful lot of good for the underdog in general.

It must be quite urgent to get this going now that there are so many people being helped.

Probably the only other way to go is a subscription, but that would hit those people that really cannot afford it.

Yeah - there's no question of a subscription fee, we will not be doing that.

I think the donate button and we've been toying with the idea of legal book reviews - BF will do a review from a legal perspective and I will do one from the laymans eye. The books we'be bought so far have not only helped this site - it's helped me when firms phone up for payment of things or try to get away with not telling me which firm they are under the DPA - I now know that they are lying and can get what I want from them by quoting my rights - all learned from the books.

Then, if anyone wants to buy a copy (from Amazon) then we would get 10%.

That way, at least we're working for the money ;-) (like we're not already!!)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Yup The donate button sounds the better option, I always intended sending a donation once my money was refunded.

Way to go lads/lasses you are amazing and I owe you all a huge debt.

The money I am seeking is only £200 but if I can find a way around the 6 year rule it will be thousands and then boy will I donate!!

:-)

Lloyds tsb current acc.

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent.

25/4/06 Received information

25/4/06 £202 owing requested back with Prelim letter sent today.

Refusal of refund.

9/5/06 Moneyclaim started.

13/6/06 28 days expire with money claim.

8/6/06 defence received.

Won!!! 18/7/06 PAID IN FULL!!

Lloyds tsb credit cards. mine + husbands

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent

30/5/06 statement received and prelim letter for refunds sent.

9/6/06 my refund request refused.

Lloyds credit cards moneyclaims filed today 9/8/06

Claim no: mine 6QZ53185 acknowleged 11/8/06

Claim no:husband 6QZ54192 acknowleged 17/8/06

My claim 6QZ53185 court allocation questioner received 13/09/06

WON!!! 10/12/06 £303

;)

Husbands claim 6QZ54192 court questioneer received 23/09/06

As I suggested a few weeks ago, why can't the site join Google Adsense. It's ads are based on keywords on the page, so hopefully some banking ads will show up....click on their ads and the bank has to pay google for it lol, a roundabout way for us to really cost the banks a lot of money !! I for one would click on Lloydstsb adverts for an hour a day ! this site would earn loads, the banks would pay loads (but delete this message when you sign up to it)

Then, if anyone wants to buy a copy (from Amazon) then we would get 10%.
Is that only for the books that are reviewed on the site here? Or can you manage to get 10% on any books bought on Amazon when linked from here? That could provide a lot of money to support the site with.

Still up for a donate button.

Neil.

Referral payments are paid for any purchase made from a link on this site. So clicking on a (for example) book ad and buying a totally different DVD would still make the site money. Amazon do totally random ads that don't relate to content too, best sellers etc.

I think you lot are truely amazing especialy the AD'S and the MOD'S and you deserve every single donation you get and more.

Must admit I would not be here if I would of had to make a donation on joining the site. What captured me was the information available and the comradship on the site, that sold it to me.

I guess most people want to contribute in one way or another, I know I did. So what about a gentleman's agreement on joining the site that you will make a donation once you have got your charges back or anytime up to then.

This would then be along the lines of " No win no fee ".You could have the catch phrase

" CHARGES BACK CELEBRATE, NOW IT'S TIME TO DONATE "

When did the donation button happen - I just noticed it - finally - an excellent feature for an excellent site.... :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Ooh, this is too funny - I just used it and it'll send a debit to my Halifax statement saying :D:D:D 'Consumer Action Group' - YES!!

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Bloody hell - you lot are QUICK!!!!

BF and I have been on the phone together for about the last 2 hours and have finally agreed to the Donate button and it went up about 10 mins ago!!!!

Bloody hell - I thought it was discrete!!!!!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

:) After all the guidance and encouragement we have found here, my wife and I will be more than happy to give a donation ~ it will unfortunately have to be a small one ... initially ... but :smile: hopefully soon we can give more!

You guys deserve it!

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks