• Tweets

• they are not yet operating as bailiffs in this case NO>   if you read it CAREFULLY, they are looking at what options they COULD recommend to their client (the Claimant of the CCJ)  IF the claimant of the CCJ goes BACK to court and the JUDGE allows the use of bailiff enforcement on a CCJ, it is not given at time of judgement, a claimant HAS to return to court and ASK for it.   its a willy waving letter!   dx
    • Hi again,   So I'm reopening this to ask for advice basically from where I left off.   To summarise, myself and flatmate moved out of a flat in November 2018. United Utilities say they were not notified of us moving out. I thought we did notify them, but they have no record and we have no proof we did. We were sent bills after this date which we obviously didn't receive and thus missed them going into arrears, and then defaulted. We were heading for a CCJ before I discovered this was happening right before the court date. I then sent proof of us moving to UU, and they adjusted the bill which was paid + fees, thus avoiding the CCJ. However, the default is obviously still recorded on my credit file.   I know I was advised by @dx100uk to send UU a SAR and then look at potentially contesting the default as the amount may be incorrect since we were billed for a period we didn't live there, but for whatever reason I didn't do this at the time. Whether I should have or not, this is the current situation at this point.   So that is where I am up to, and my query is picking up from where I was 2 years ago - are there any options I have to get the default removed so that it doesn't negatively impact any application for a mortgage?   The only new information I have to add is: I have spoken to UU on the phone today and asked them to remove the defaults which they obviously refused since they said as far as they are concerned the information is accurate. With regards to contesting the default due to the amount being incorrect, I have checked my credit file with checkmyfile.com and this shows the default was registered in May 2019 for £308 - does this seem to imply that contesting it over the amount may be fruitless, since it seems the default amount is for the revised figure adjusted to when we moved out? (The original particulars of the claim were for ~£500 and was lowered to £308 + fees once I proved when we moved out). One interesting thing I have noticed on checkmyfile.com (and also on Clear Score) is that the address listed on the default/account that had the default is not correct, it is showing my current address where I live now rather than the old address. Could this be used in any way? Or could this just be listed incorrectly on these credit reporting sites but bear no significance? Also, would you recommend I still send a SAR to UU now for my data? Or is there no point?   Thanks for your help.
    • there is a very very long way for this to run yet hobnail and it might not even get that far if a good WS is done later on, though i would have hoped by now by reading the cases here you would have realised that you wouldn't be able to goto court for her.   we know there are serious issues with whom actually own the airport and who is legally allowed to sign contracts on behalf of them with external parking scammers.   dont give in    
    • The ICO site is your friend, you should find the answer there to your questions   eg, this is what the say about ID requests.  It's up to the organisation to decide what ID information they need, so if they asked for Utility bill and it's in your name and current address that's what they've got.   They should have asked for it "promptly" and the time between them receiving the SAR and receiving the proof of ID doesn't count to the one calendar month timeframe. Although I wouldn't call 20 days "promptly" I doubt it's worth arguing about now. Calculate when you should get the information based on ICO guidance on earlier link and tell them that's when you expect it.   Right of access | ICO   Can we ask for ID? Yes. You need to be satisfied that you know the identity of the requester (or the person the request is made on behalf of). If you are unsure, you can ask for information to verify an individual’s identity. The timescale for responding to a SAR does not begin until you have received the requested information. However, you should request ID documents promptly.
    • Discover how to get into jobs in Health and Social Care in Birmingham and Solihull. #FindYourFutureView the full article
  • Our picks

Claiming charges back

Mystery M

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes. Claimed £1300 from HSBC Took £1290, theys ettled without going to court and in around 3 weeks. It went striaght to pay off my overdraft but the way I look at it its one less debt keeping me awake at night!!!

Loads of people have had moneyback if you around and keep reading the posts!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet £17500 hasnt been donated though!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

can i claim against abank alliance and leister (girobank) i had a small business and was never offered overdraft facilities and was always having to pay bank charges for not having enough funds. the nationwide who i am with also are charging me big style 90 last month for not having funds. can anybody advise

Yep thats what happened to me.

HSBC gave back 1270 went straight into £2000 overdraft (i popped the other £30 in for good measure) and now dont wake up half as much in cold sweats with such a large O/D. I even did the sensible thing and got the O/D removed from the account, so there no temptation to dip back into it!!! (Cant be good all the time).

Both Cap 1 £100 went straight onto the cards, and reduced the balence outstanding by said amount!!!.

My first claim which should net some cash is Natwest £1550 but they get dibs on the £500, and the rest, will hopefully pay for the backlog of claims Im waiting to submit with court but cant do for financial reasons!!

Hopefully by the time the Wooly cough up, I will be debt free (save mortgage - roll on 60 eh!), and have a bit of dosh left over (well thats the plan!)

Allyxia

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks