• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming charges back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

They are very greedy with OUR money!

It cant do the economy good, if all these profits they make from us go to the 1% at the top instead of filtering through to us....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lueeze

Yeah its true, but once apon a time, the banks were kind, considerate to our individual needs, now they are monopolies and call centers in India that you can never get appropriate answers from!

I have had some appaling service from them and maybe if they had treated us with respect not taken us for granted, we would never have fought back!

Lou x

I think the key thing is Shareholders....

The banks are used to the money and wont want to lose it so they will regain it anyway they can

all true, and fair observations.

so their shares might drop off somewhat in the short term (allianc and Leicester's dropped by about 6% immediately following the OFT announcement as they rely quite heavily on charges as a profit stream).

but still, so what.. the banks will,you are right, regain the money by more legitimate means such as slightly, slightly higher interest charges perhaps - but this is a cost that can be absorbed across the consumer and quite easily- it's like an airline adding a 50cent fuel surcharge to a ticket to cover inflated oil costs... no one notices.

And, god forbid, the banks might actually have to work to make some money.. they might actaully have to think about making what money and revenue streams they have, work harder for them..

Good.

That's business.

That promotes growth, stimulates competition, and ultimately benefits the market place, and the consumer.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

I think it would be unfair to imply that they can't make money legitamately. It is also easy to forget that the people at the end of the phone or in the branch are just like everybody else with families and bills. The bank i worked for wasn't concerned with the charges that were refunded so much. They wanted every customer to have the best service that they could provide. Don't forget no customers no money!

Guest Lueeze

Some banks are "generally" good, the problem here is that alot of us have suffered at the banks hands, and this makes us annoyed with them.

Theres just NO excuse for call centres in India though! When i talk to a UK person I usually get good customer service, but the call centres in India are AWFUL for my bank...

I hope in time you will understand our views a bit better, we are not vindictive, we just want whats ours....lol!:)

Indian Call Centres a dead cheap. Also they are still fairly new they will get better with time. But I do know what you mean I had to speak to them nearly every single working day!

I heard rumours that the poor guys and girl in these call centre in Mumbai, Bangalore wherever.. all get given english sounding names (so we relate to them?!?), extensive voice coaching, lessons in culture, even to the extent where they are given iformation about cities, football teams and results... and the weather every day? This cannot be for real?

Guest Lueeze

Its for real I saw a TV program on it a couple of years ago...

If they are being difficult I always try to catch them out on those things, UK companies should deal in the UK for chrissakes!:mad:

Sorry rant over ;)

No make them watch Eastenders.. it's so god-awful.. i want them to suffer..

I must say that my Parachute account is with A&L, and so far I have found them efficient and brilliant. I had reason to call them only once (needed to change a date on a standing order), and the lady I spoke to was in the North of England and she could not have sounded lovlier and been more helpful :D

Mind you that was during he day. Don't know if they use Indian call centres or not in the evening though. I'm sure I'll find out one day.

Don't forget that a lot of Indians are still Christians - a legacy of The British Empire. Christian Indians have English sounding names ANYWAY. I worked with a guy whose name might as well have been "John Smith"... but he was Indian through and through.

I heard rumours that the poor guys and girl in these call centre in Mumbai, Bangalore wherever.. all get given english sounding names (so we relate to them?!?), extensive voice coaching, lessons in culture, even to the extent where they are given iformation about cities, football teams and results... and the weather every day? This cannot be for real?

It's for real (at least the English names are, not 100% sure about the rest, but I've heard the same) - the company I work for gives our Indian call centre guys English names, and their real names are anything but ;)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

If the banks start charging monthly fees etc... then surely the law regarding who has the choice over wage/benefit payments has to change back to what it was prior to 1985?

If I don't have a choice in how my wages are paid to me, and they get paid into a bank, then I am being forced into 'buying' a 'service' that I perhaps don't want...and I don't.

Surely this is a monopolistic abuse of the system? If Tesco MADE you buy something or they wouldn't let you out of the shop then surely there is some law forbidding this.

In Europe the individual has the right to choose how they are paid money that they have earned, so in the countries that DO make charges similar to this, it's fine - if you don't want to pay the fees, then don't use the bank - fair enough. Here, we don't have that choice and I, for one, don't bloody want to use a bank - the fastest way of depleting your wealth is to use 'free banking'.

Yet, I am effectively forced into having this 'service'.

The service from banks is usually appauling, the condescending tone you get from them when THEY c*ck up is one that I could do without; yet, sadly they have got my money before I have - meaning that they are in a privaliged position. A position that they abuse on a regular basis.

Why, if anyone had a choice, would anyone use such a service? They wouldn't - or if they recieved goods of the same quality as the 'service' provided by banks, they would take the goods back to the shop (same as the roads for that matter, but that's a different story).

Especially a service from a collection (cartel?) of business that have been caught out acting outside of the law - if a builder in my town was caught acting illegally, if would finish him - hardly anyone would use his services anymore. Why, then am I effectively forced into having a service from an organisation that is less than honest (IMO) and participates in dubious business practices?

The law should be changed to allow people to have the choice of how they are paid.

..and for me - I'll take the shoebox under the bed and take my chances with the honest theives.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

yet, sadly they have got my money before I have - meaning that they are in a privaliged position
Now THAT is a very interesting observation...we get paid, but we do NOT have control over our own money...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

..and, in my opinion, one that should be addressed urgently.

I think I may draft a letter to my MP (and maybe suggest that others do the same), in light of the revelation that banks are going to start making charges for their 'services'.

Although, I'm not sure what to ask him to do about it?

What do you think? What about a petition to get the law changed back?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Guest Lueeze

A petition would be good! You could deliver it to No. 10!!!

Can you do an online one?

Although, I'm not sure what to ask him to do about it?

What do you think? What about a petition to get the law changed back?

I suppose a good starting point would be freedom of choice - although how a government keen on removing this right will deal with that (see ID cards) is anyone's guess.

I think the simplest approach would be to change the employment discrimination law, whereby you would not be able to turn down a recruit for NOT having a bank account. This leaves everyone free to make their own choices, although businesses would still need to manage payroll in a slightly amended way...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Lueeze

I dont know anyone who asks, "do you have a bank account" at the interview, so what would companies do if they employed someone, and found out afterwards?

Probably just sack you - if you've been there less than a year, there's not a lot you could do about it.

------------

------------

Guest Lueeze

Surely they should have checked? Or am i being a numpty thinking that someone would have any rights? Lol!

I would expect that the banks will offer a basic bank account- no DD, No SO, just a cash withdrawal card for an ATM. No charge for such a service.

Anything more than that they will charge for.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks