Litigation threads

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Probably one for the mods but posted here for all to see.

I am interested in the number of claims both in progress and concluded for a number of banks.

Are these threads moderated or checked in any way for accuracy?

I know that some people have compiled lists of cases based on those threads, but I am interested to know what reliance we can put on them, or whether we can only use them as indicative?

In case anyone thinks I'm having some kind of dig, I'm not, i realise the undertaking that checking them would be, and i also realise that the data is provided by claimants/members.

Whats prompted the questions is the fact that I compiled a list of 28 cases concluded for one bank some weeks/possibly months ago, there are now 31 which seems a little odd. I do realise that claimants instigate claims posted in litigation concluded and this is probably why.

This is against over a hundred in progress.

If any of the mods has the time and inclination, i would appreciate any comments or info they can offer to enlighten me and others.

Is there any central record open to the public about claims submitted to county courts?

Thanks for taking the time to look and for any help you can offer

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn, sadly, some people get their settlement and just never bother telling us or reappearing. That would explain the discrepancy.

Also, some people will tell on their thread, but unless they pm us to ask us to move their litigation thread to "concluded", we are usually unable to cross-reference them.

We do rely on the kindness of strangers, what can I say.... :rolleyes:

My specific interest is Abbey. Searching Litigation Concluded for Abbey only comes up with these six since July 2006.

• Sutee v Abbey 2nd January 2007
  • Karnevil v Abbey - ** WON ** 16th December 2006
  • bobtheb v Abbey 18th October 2006
  • chilli50 v Abbey 25th September 2006
  • Maroonfox5 v Abbey National 20th September 2006
  • Karnevil V Abbey - SETTLED IN FULL 8th September 2006

Seems a bit light given the multitude of people filing N1s. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Glenn, sadly, some people get their settlement and just never bother telling us or reappearing. That would explain the discrepancy.

Also, some people will tell on their thread, but unless they pm us to ask us to move their litigation thread to "concluded", we are usually unable to cross-reference them.

We do rely on the kindness of strangers, what can I say.... :rolleyes:

BW

Thanks for your comments, I do realise the difficulties and wanted to check that my thoughts were right.

I do appreciate that it might look like i was looking to have a dig and Im so not.

Thanks

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

You can always check through the success forums and cross reference to the litigation in progress.

If someone would like to do this and pm a mod all the concluded ones we can then update them.

Unfortunately this is something that is far too time consuming for the mods to do for each bank.

All the best

Zoot

Zootscoot

Happy new year to you, thanks for that, I was hoping that this might have been part of the process already but in truth thought it probalby wasnt for precisely the reason you mention.

It doesnt help with the format of the forum doesnt allow easy comparisons.

Im not sure what can be done about it for the future, if anything, but it would be good to turn the info into a 'resource'.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA