Helluvatractor v Lloyds Tsb

helluvatractor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, after watching bc money programme, i looked over my past six years of bank statement and discovered lloyds have taken £1377 !!

i wrote the leter to them from the bbc money program template ( didnt know the consumer action group existed back then)!

Today i got back the letter from them saying sorry your unhappy but sod you anyway.

I did phone the bank up asking if it was possible to come to some sort of agreement, they said they has so many claims that it would be about 2 weeks untill they could review my claim, but they did say it was likely they would offer some sort of goodwill gesture.

I really don't hold out much hope that the 'goodwill gesture' will be in any way very satisfactory, but should i wait to see what they offer? or should i go ahead with the LBA letter? I really do intend to file a claim with the courts and go through the whole process, i'm totally fed up with banks stealing my money especially as i am a single mother of 4!!

in the meantime i guess i got a lot of reading to do on this forum, but its nice to know so many others have been so successfull,

Hi Helluva,

Welcome to the CAG site. The first letter yu send on here gives the bank 14 days to respond and then you send the LBA. If the bbc letter says the same thing, and your 14 days are up send the LBA. If they offer you a goodwill gesture it will be less than you are claiming. You file a court claim 14 days after the LBA. Above all, stick to your own timetable. Do not be put off by the bank saying they need extra time etc.

Meanwhile, as you have realised, read, read, read around the site, especially the FAQ's and as much as you can take in on the bank's forum. Start your own thread in the Lloyds forum and keep it updated with your progress. Ask any questions there and you will get the help you need.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

thanks for the advice. i will go ahead and send lloyds a LBA (letter before action), although because i used the bbc money programme letter template at first i did not include a schedule of payments. i take it this is a list of all dates the bank charged me money and the ammounts. (i could go back 4 and a half years of statements online, but had to work out the missing first year and a half by dividing the total of 4 and a half over 6 years).

can someone please enlighten me on what i should enclose with my LBA, cheers, matt

Hi, I'm in the same postion as you with the Lloyds so it would be good to hear how things are going. I'm thinking that I'll have the same problems but we could both support each other, what do you think?

hi, yeah its good to hear from someone whos in the same position as me. i watched the bbc money program and looked at their website and the instructions it gives you there seem more simpler than here, i alrady have sent the preliminary letter to lloyds but didn't ask for the data protection act statement. (i think i jumped in a bit too quick).

So what i've done it started from the biginning following the advive on the consumer action group's site (this one we're on now) and i've just asked for the data protection act request and am now waiting for that, then i'll be writing to lloyds again. i'm going to follow the advice on this site to the letter and i'll post again as soon as i receive the data request. (i'll actually start up a new thread under Innes vs lloyds in the lloyds bank section). Would be great to hear from you whenever you have any progress on your claim, (good luck and heres to getting one over on them money grabbing banks)

Hi, I started mine through another site and sent a letter asking for my money to be returned. I will follow the examples from this site if I don't get a reply in the next few days. I have already been successful with a small claim against IF. My action against Lloyds though will be more complicated from the looks of it. It will be good if we can both support each other in getting our money back!

Hi there again, well I've now had a letter back from Lloyds TSB, and they have said in the letter that they are sorry thatI'm unhappy with the charges although there are many ways in which I can check that my account does not go over drawn. They also so that there charging system is as fair as possible in their view and that they cannot agree to cancel my charges. They have said that if they don't hear bak from me by 05/03/07 that they will close the file.

I am wanting to know from people if this is the normal procedure that Lloyds take. I will now send my LBA and ask that the charges are returned within 14 days. Please can anyone give me some more advice into this case?

We need to stick together your support will help me to keep up the fight in recovering my charges.

Hey Guys

Don't worry about any of their corporate diatribe. They can "close the file" if they want to but legally, that means absolutely nothing. I laughed when I read that! Just continue with the procedure.

Just read everything that's posted in the template's and case studies in the threads. This is all invaluable information. The better read you are, the more prepared for the fight you are and it will be, so don't think you can just go through the motions and not understand the procedure or the legal principle's. Forewarned is forearmed :)

Me and heaps of others will be riding shotgun for you, any questions just shout :)

Just make sure that when you're done, you donate to this site. They deserve a medal!!!