Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I typed it on my phone, ironic. I’ll use my laptop for more substantive updates.   I have another car - I’d rather not splurge out multiple thousands at an already expensive time of year - the service was £1000 in itself.   My immediate concern is their inspection company. Do I pre-empt and pay for my own to coincide with theirs, even though its not needed in anyone with common senses eyes? It just seems like knuckle dragging.   I’ll take you up your offer, thanks. Communication has been mostly via email, and I have followed up calls immediately with an email of what was discussed. Got it the 7th of July if I recall, notified them of the issue on the 25th November.
    • I hope you notice that in your first post I had to restructure the solid blocks of text that you posted. It will be very helpful if you would make sure you would introduce better spacing because we have lots of people who come to this forum using telephones and it is extremely difficult for them to read. The fact that you assert your six months right to reject does not mean that you are then obliged to reject the vehicle. It simply reserves your position on that matter. You always retain the option to reject or to keep the vehicle. However it puts more pressure on the dealer or the hire purchase company – whoever happens to be the responsible party. If you are doing things on the telephone then make sure you have read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. It really is important and if you don't then at some point you will regret it. if you are strapped for the car and if you haven't have the money then probably a good option might be to pay for the repairs yourself and then proceed directly get the hire purchase company for reimbursement. However this means that you would be out of pocket for a while. Also if you did this then we would have to be very careful about giving the hire purchase company advance notice of what you are doing and of the expenses you are about to incur on their behalf. In any event, you are just within the six months and if I were you I would assert the right. If you want, draft a letter and then we will have a look at it here
    • Thanks for the reply except for distance part.   Not a fail when it’s only one of a few in the UK(at the time only 3 where for sale from dealers in the uk- I would never buy a car privately or at the least on a credit card). I only tend to splurge big (to me)bucks on what I actually want and I am a bit of a petrol head. It’s more than a form of transport for me.   I am not naming dealers at this time as they have yet to do anything wrong and the one acting (more than) reasonably is the main dealer that identified the issue, not the one I got the car from so no need to name them at all. They have in fact worked with me to get a very good price to replace the head with support from the manufacturer - to the point of the original dealer would not be able to buy just the head for the all in price on offer. So I have done half their leg room for them too. I will phone the dealer myself today to get their story and if they play silly buggers up their name will go. As I said in the original post - I am hoping for the best, expecting the  worst and want to be prepared.    Finance company is Oodle. I did say I am contacting them under my rights from the consumer credit act but didn’t say I am rejecting, but did say the outcome I am looking for is for it to be repaired.
    • I'm really not clear as to what you want to do here. You clearly have a way of gaining some compensation if you want. If you'd rather just get it shut down then as you say the best thing to do is to send them your mother's death certificate – but as they are completely wrong about everything, it seems – and also on the dates you have given anyway, they are breaching the backbilling code, you can hit back if you want. You have just said that it is the principle of it all. If that is really what it is then that might be sufficient basis for striking out at them. I don't think there's much else to be discussed on this thread
    • Well done on having paid by high purchase. People who pay by cash or who pay by bank transfer are not in such a fortunate position. In terms of buying a second-hand car 100 miles away – big fail. As you have said, it is the hire purchase company which is liable. It is their vehicle. What exactly have you told them in respect of the consumer rights act? Have you asserted your rights and made it clear that you will be relying on your six-month right to reject if they fail in a single repair? What's the name of the hire purchase company? You say that the dealer is acting responsibly – but maybe you could tell me who they are as well
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Jojod


jojod
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

It's my first post so be gentle with me....have taken lots of advice from your threads and have court date 30th Jan with Barclays, just putting my court bundle together, just wanted to say thanks for such a brilliant site - will let you know how it goes!!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see you are on your way to getting your money back!

 

I cant wait till I get a court date, I am one of the many that get excited!!!

 

Good luck and keep us posted by starting a thread in the relevant bank thread!! :cool:

Maxibon

 

 

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

 

 

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

 

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

 

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...