• Tweets

• Hi Looking for some advice to get prepared for the worst. I purchased a 2015 car on HP in July for ~£33k. I took it to the main dealer for its annual service on the 25th November. As I went back waiting for the last bits to be done, I was called to the workshop to be shown one of the spark plug wells half full  of coolant. After an afternoon of inspection and an overnight pressure test, it was diagnosed as a crack in the water jacket. It is small, hence not noticing it by low coolant levels or other routine maintenance, and it’s the first service in the schedule where the plugs would be changed.    I immediately contacted the finance company and said I am Informing them of the fault under my consumer credit rights and I will be in touch once I know more. I shortly thereafter got the report from the dealer and forwarded it to the finance company. They finally got back to me last Thursday (response speed not being their strong suite once agreement signed..). Initially they tried to say they are talking with the dealer and I said as far as I know my contract is with them, and it’s got a crack in a lump of aluminium and the only fix is a new head- so it’s just who does the bill get sent to. The issue is obvious. They tried to say that the dealer is jointly liable to me? Anyway I went ok whatever intending to contact the dealer myself if that’s the case, however they then phoned me back saying they spoke to their manager and they need to have the car “inspected”, again I argued this as they already had a report from a dealer from a prestige brands main dealer - it’s akin to dropping an egg on the floor and then insisting it goes through 5 experts to diagnose why the yoke is all over the place..but they said they “can’t take my word on it” and need their engineer. I said I insist on being there during the inspection which they said was ok. They said they will contact me later that day or Friday to book the inspection. They didn’t. They did give me the name of the company as Scotia Inspections. So off I go to Google and no medals for guessing how I got here..   So anyway, I don’t want to be given the run around, nor just pay it all myself - the repair is nearly £8.5k - especially considering the time of year… Any advice on how I can get ahead of the (what I am sure is the start of) stalling tactics, blaming it on the offside rear tyre not being from rubber from jungles roamed by unicorns or something. I want the car repaired- as it is brilliant otherwise. So far the dealer has been very accommodating but they are a business- where do I stand if they start wanting to charge storage fees or similar? It is not at the dealer I purchased it from as they are 100miles away.
    • Last month, JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon apologised for comments he made about the Chinese Communist Party.View the full article
    • H i linzie   What is important here is your Daughter is the Landlord of the Property and has Employed the Services of this Letting Agent to manage the Property of her behalf.   Your Daughter need to have a good read of the Agreement that she signed with this Letting Agent.   She also need to check if this Letting Agent is signed up to any other companies that regulate how they operate and their code of conduct as she can contact them for advice i.e. if their is any reason they should not have carried out planned inspections during COVID-19.   IMO your Daughter needs to write to this Letting Agent and ask why these Inspections have not been carried out and if they are still going to give the reason of COVID-19 you require Full Clarification as to what Legislation/Regulation they are relying and the specific area and why you the Landlord were never notified of this.   Have the Tenants in the Property reported these faults to the Letting Agent before your Daughter had a look?   Who is the Letting Agent?
    • A number of tech solutions are out there to help retailers optimise sending out our presents.View the full article
    • Once increases in women’s education are accounted for, the gender pay gap change is only 3% since 1995.View the full article
  • Our picks

I *think* I have won. Have I though?

fencemaster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve absorbed and followed the guidance offered here at CAG, adding a few choice lines of my own that usually help initiate a response. I specifically like – and often use – the passage below:

As a consumer I am disappointed that you chose to go down this route to raise revenue. However, as a consumer journalist I am more aware than most of my rights in this instance, and am pursuing this matter with a professional interest.

That reference to consumer journalism doesn’t half make a difference. I moved from journalism into marketing about six years ago, but they don’t know that! Even my 80 year old mum uses the same line when necessary and gets results!

Anyway, I did the business as laid out on CAG and received an offer of about 33% of the £1200 in question, which I accepted, informing RBS (the contact details on CAG being particularly useful) that I would continue to pursue for the full amount PLUS compensation for stress, time spent addressing RBS when I should have been working.

A few weeks after I sent that I logged on to my RBS accounts and found the two with the charges attached had been removed/deleted/disappeared – leaving only my savings account.

That was about four weeks ago now and I haven’t heard a peep out of RBS since.

Does that mean I have won?

Thanks,

FM

Sounds like they have closed your accounts. That is going to affect your credit rating from what I've read on the forums. Not really sure if that is a result or not.

Bit weird they've not said anything in 4 weeks about it. Interesting to hear what some of the more experienced peeps say about this.

I'm curious as to what Direct Banking will say if you ask them "where's my accounts gone?".

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!