Jonty v's Halifax ** WON **

jonty97

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

time to put my details in.

21 Oct 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01 Nov 06 - payment deducted for statements

05 Dec 06 - Statements received (after a lot of chasing). Prelim letter sent.

12 Dec 06 = letter (dtd 8th) from Hfx aknowledging receipt of letter and stating "concerns would be dealt with within 4 weeks".

19 Dec 06 LBA sent (acknowledging their response but stated that 4 weeks was unnacceptable and would be continuing the process).

2 weeks were up on the 2nd of Jan (so contacted them stating that I would give them a few more days to arrange settlement due to the Xmas period).

MCOL going in tomorrow (8th Jan) if no satisfactory response received in morning post.

Will keep all updated.

Jonty

What a surprise,

today received offer from HFX (claim to date is £1250.74 (incl. interest at 8%). They have offered £1336. SO HAVE WON (with no stress whatsoever). Donation forthcoming when monies received and can MODS move this to successes thread.

In the covering letter, after the normal gumph about policy, managing a/c etc., it states "As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you a refund of £1336. Future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your a/c if you do not manage it correctly". Already have a parachute a/c should I have to claim in the future and can I assume that if I incur any future charges I can still follow the process for reclaiming and that the bank stating the point about future charges standing is irrelevant.

Happy Days

p.s. they even supplied a prepaid 1st class envelope (how kind).

Congratulations........ have just finished my claim for our joint account, now started one for hubbys bill account and just so I don't get bored my daughters and capital one accounts, phew............. It's just so addictive