Lucy vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, I found this site a few weeks ago after watching a tv programe about bank charges. Anyway i decided to claim back and once i had recieved my statments i was shocked to find that over the last 6 years i,ve racked up over £1000, and like everyone else on this site quite rightly i want it back. So i sent off my LBA, (letter befor action) and only got a reply saying that it was being farwarded to customer relations, anyway to day i was really wound up when another 5 statments arrived with over £500 of charges, Im not to sure what to do now send off another LBA with other 5 statments or get someone more qualified to do it for me, am not good with stuff like this, and to top it all they also gave me a £39 charge today for an unpaid dd. Am really wound up, any advice no matter how small would really be appreciated. xx

Lucy, welcome to the site and good luck in your fight:)

You really cannot read the FAQs and Step-by-step Instructions http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html enough times - just keep dipping into them and then read the threads for the relevant bank.

Good idea to bookmark this thread of yours and when you want to ask a question, use the 'post reply' button in this thread - keeps it a lot tidier than creating a new thread, and everyone can note your progress more easily. (click on 'favorites' at the top of the screen, 'add to favorites')

The first letter you should have sent is your Preliminary Request for return of charges - is this what you have sent? You should wait 14 days (after allowing 2 days for the bank to receive it) and if you have not had a positive response (an offer for all your money returned), then you send off your Letter Before Action - you can add on any charges incurred in between letters - just add them to your schedule of charges and attach them to your letter.

But just read, read, read - if you follow the guidelines on this site, then you will not fail.

Go get 'em!

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Hi to all, been waiting for reply for over 14 days and was starting to think that they was,nt going to answer, but today was really happy to receive a phone call saying that they would settle for £800, thats £800 that i could really do with right now, anyway not to sure whether to take the offer or go to court and add the interest? its a very gd offer and im bit worried about court, even with all the gd addvice on this site. so thanks to all so far will let u know what i decide.:)

Hi Lucymay, I have just received my money in settlement from the Halifax today :D . Like you I was going to accept their first offer, as I could have done with the money at that point. I telephoned them and asked if that was the best offer they could come up with. After a few mins "blurb" on their part he agreed. Have a read of my thread to see my timescales. Good luck. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks for that, think i,ll do the same and wait till they send me a letter with their offer, as i didnt get a name or number, i would be very happy if they could offer £1000 would deffinitly settle then. just worried that if i dont accept their first offer, they might not give me another. Anyway ill keep u posted and read your thread, thanx.