do i have a claim with MBNA??

skintsteve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m not sure if I’m entitled to claim anything from MBNA, It started 4 years ago, when i hit my limit of £5300

So I cut up my card & made monthly payments, but there are times when I just cannot afford to make a payment.

So, although I have been paying £150-£200per month to MBNA for the last 4 years, I still owe £5300

When ever I contact them, to come to some sort of agreement, they are just not interested, they just demand I make payment by debit card, immediately!

Its often the case that if you are as you say making regular payments which by sounds of it is minimum payments each month, there's absolutely nothing in it for them to come to an arrangement with you, sad fact is they will only come to an arrangement once the account falls seriously in arrears

skint steve

have you tried a SAR to look into whether any of the amount owed is charges? it may be worth your while starting there, there are letters in the templates section. send one off to mbna with a tenner asking for all your statements and go through them looking at any charges.

at the same time if you feel you cannot make the monthly payments, fill in an income/expenditure form and look at what you can feasibly afford. write off to MBNA with the form and make them an offer. IT may be worth your while talking to CCCS, i think they are the free helpline either them or debtline / CAB etc anyone that can give free impartial advice on the best options available.

i took MBNA's advice and got shafted into an arrangement to pay which had i claimed back charges (at the time of the arrangement the OFT decision had not been made) i would have not been in the arrangement.

Its usually the interest per month that shafts soo much as all you are ever paying off is the interest plus a tiny amount of the money outstanding..

good luck

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

I can pretty much guarantee that you will have late payment fees and possibly even over limit fees (if you have gone over your limit in the past)

I would deffo send an SAR off to them and see what's what. You have nothing to lose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

Guest Battleaxe

You will be able to claim all those fees back with interest, This will make a difference, don't forget to add a letter stating that your are disputing the account and ask for a full SAR and the credit agreement. They hate this and try to stall, hjust let them know that you are curtting them no slack.

See my thread Battleaxe does MBNA

skintsteve,

All the above is valid but you still owe MBNA £5300....

If you can, transfer the balance to a 0% interest card (even if you have to pay a fee to do so). Then at least what you pay is coming off the debt and not just repaying the interest

Guest Battleaxe

Yes the money is still owed, but by checking to see what the balance is made up off, charges and interest on those charges, it can make a big difference to the final balance owed. Of course if the credit agreement shows it has not been properly executed, that will give you some leverage in bargaining with them.