help with defaults!

blakepaterson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had a couple of defaults on my credit files for debt that I got around a few years ago when I just turned 18. These wasnt for much but around £500 per default. I have however now paid these as I avoided them for a few years, knew it was the wrong thing to do but I didnt have the money to pay them. Now they have gone to settles on my file but I am applying for a mortgage and have been told these need to be removed. Does anyone have an idea of how this can be done? I have heard rumours that creditors have to send you a default notice? I never recieved this and asked for a copy of my agreement and the default from the debt recovery agency but they couldnt provide it. Should this be removed? Please advise if there are any template letters etc or what to do now. Thanks.

Hi,

Have a look here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/

Cheers,

Lee

HSBC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30/10/06

07/11/06 - Letter refunding cheque and informing statements will be along shortly.

08/11/06 - Statements from Jan-2001 to Jan-2004 rec'd. Requested more but am waiting.

09/11/06 - Sending of prelim request for refund! £913.50

27/11/06 - Letter from Royal Mail, original prelim lost in post!!

06/12/06 - Another prelim sent :(

19/12/06 - Reply from Mr Langdale saying complaint received and that I'll have a proper response by 5th January 07....

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Sent off prelim for £392.00 - All adds up I suppose! 06-12-06

Partial Offer received 19/12/06 - £152, offer accepted as part settlement only......

GE Capital Bank - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Store card account. Charges approx £200, prelim being sent off in the new year!