• Tweets

• Serco are not up to the job, but director's of Serco are buddies with Ministers handing out contracts like confetti on the back of Covid.  Track & Trace and Isolate should be a LA competence, not private firms on the make.   Interesting blog today, the genesis of the crisis started with Blair in 2005, subsequent administrations did nothing to improve responses to pandemic.   https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/scared-to-death/    
    • Independent Sage met yesterday and has a new report out.   They think the national test and trace system doesn't work and are urging the government not to renew Serco's contract. They say the job should be done by GPs and local public health people who are already deal with the more complex cases and care homes.   https://www.independentsage.org/an-independent-sage-discussion-document-on-contact-tracing-and-self-isolation/
    • Thanks for your reply.   I don't have the money to get the repairs or inspections done to be honest.    It's a BMW 1 series.   I've learnt my lesson. I was having a pretty hard time with my health to be honest at the time. I bought it as a present to myself but was too trusting. 
    • This is a tricky one, BMW's , wide wheels, low profile tyres, stiff suspension over deviations, German Cars are known for that.  It might have winter tyres on, that would cause a rumble. My Volvo is also very weird like that.  It could also be a wheel bearing, which isn't expensive but would need to be done. Why not take it to your mechanic for a an inspection, or the AA/ RAC also do that.  I've learnt the hard way that's what you need to do before you buy the car,    What BMW is it?  I would only buy this brand of car at that age if it had a full history of every service and everything that has been spent on it during it's lifetime.
    • If you get somebody to cover for you on those last three days, are you saying you are OK?  ie you don't need to go to work in your old job and you can start the new one?  So that gives you what you want - yes?   If you can't get somebody to cover for you, you've got two potential courses of action - which may or may not be mutually exclusive.  First, ask if you can move your termination date forward by three days.  Obviously you won't get paid for those three days and whether your current trust will agree to this depends on what sort of relationship you have with your manager and how much they will need you to work those three days - or how easy you will be to replace.  If they say OK - you win.   Second, you don't turn up for work on those three days.  You will then technically be in breach of contract and in theory the trust could sue you for any financial loss they suffer as a result.  This would be the cost of employing somebody to replace you for those three days.  Will they need to replace you?  I suspect they would not bother to sue you, but nobody can guarantee they won't.  And what if you want a reference from them in future?  If you've already asked to bring your leave date forward, and they've refused, they may rightly conclude that you are taking the pi$$ if you don't turn up on those days, and they won't like it - or rather they won't like you...   Or, as I said before, get your new start date put back three days.   The thing is, your current employer can't extend your notice period unless you agree.  If they won't allow you to take leave owing to you during that notice period, they should pay you for it.  Whether you should write to them as I suggested earlier is more complicated because the situation is much less clear cut than you originally outlined.  (You had implied that they had already refused your request to take leave owing to you during your notice period and that you would have to extend your notice period to allow you to take that leave.  That isn't quite the position, is it?  And they haven't actually said they won't pay you for any leave you don't take, have they?)   Two other things: first, are you changing employer within the NHS?  If you are, it's a possibility that questions may be asked if you are in the pension scheme and you have two periods of full-time employment that overlap.   Second, your manager's email refers to "your last working day".  This is a little ambiguous and can cause a lot of confusion in the NHS.  You may wish to check whether they mean it is the last day of your employment (ie including any leave you are taking) or is it the last day you are actually present working.  Do you see the difference?  Managers often get hopelessly confused by this without HR guidance.  (And HR often get it wrong).   It's a pity you can't or won't seek union guidance if you are a member - that's what you pay for.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4722 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Well as i have not had the money to place a small claims I have had to wait.

HOWEVER,

I recevied a letter offering a sum of £200 in a letter from Jeremy Sutcliffe & Co Solicitors. They state I have 10 days in which to agree etc.

Of course I am not going to agree, who shouls I send a decline letter to?

ALSO am I stioll okay to go ahead with the small claim etc?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

1. Yorkshire Bank - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  2. Royal Bank of Scotland
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley
  6. Capital One - SAR Sent

Reply to wherever the offer came from and carry on as per your timetable, or when you can afford to do it.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Reply to wherever the offer came from and carry on as per your timetable, or when you can afford to do it.

hey Caro,

Please can you tell me which letter I should you use to decline this " ex gracia payment".

Cheers

Richard

Im gunna get these suckers !!

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

I'd use letter number 3. Just take out the bit about returning the cheque :D

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

I'd use letter number 3. Just take out the bit about returning the cheque :D

Sarah.

Hey Sarah,

Even though this stupid offer came from the solicitors? Should I change it to suit the solicitors details?

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

I'd be inclined to send a copy to both to be on the safe side. Up to you though.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Hi Guys,

Okay ready to submit my forms and claim to my local courts.

A couple of questions regarding the N1 form and what values go where.

I have the following information for the complex bank charge spreadsheet:

PENALTY CHARGED: £3867

8% ON PENALTIES: £769.11

INTEREST ON PENALTIES: £65.84

8% ON INTEREST ON PENALTIES: £19.79

Now the question:

What from above to I put into here, Could someone fill in the blanks for me from the values of my calculations?

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Hi Guys,

Okay ready to submit my forms and claim to my local courts.

A couple of questions regarding the N1 form and what values go where.

I have the following information for the complex bank charge spreadsheet:

PENALTY CHARGED: £3867

8% ON PENALTIES: £769.11

INTEREST ON PENALTIES: £65.84

8% ON INTEREST ON PENALTIES: £19.79

Now the question:

What from above to I put into here, Could someone fill in the blanks for me from the values of my calculations?

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Charges £xxx.xx = £3867

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx = £65.84

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx = £788.90

Court Fee £xx.xx = £120

TOTAL £ xx.xx = £4841.74

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Charges £xxx.xx = £3867

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx = £65.84

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx = £788.90

Court Fee £xx.xx = £120

TOTAL £ xx.xx = £4841.74

Cheers Trish

Can you help with:

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

0.85 per day

The amount to enter here will be the the two totals for you Section 69 interest totals from the date of the first charge to the date you actually submit your claim through the court.

The daily rate remains the same (0.85 per day)

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Okay guys, my first date of the claim is 06/09/2002 and the 11/06/2007 is the date Im going to submit my claim.

What do I put in above, based on the info you can see In this Thread.

Please any advice needed asap.

Regards

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Please anyone, its only a small area that needs clarifying,

cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Firstly, I'm assuming you've entered all your charge details into one of the spreadsheets. The spreadsheet calculates the 8% interest on each charge from the date it was applied to the account. You will then get a total figure for your Section 69 interest, this figure will increase each day that passes so make sure you have the correct figure for the date of filing your claim. We'll call this total X.

Therefore:

[date when the money became owed to you] This will be 06/09/2002

[the date you are issuing the claim] This will be the actual date you file your claim through the courts.

[amount] This will be figure X

[enter the daily rate of interest] This will be the daily rate of £0.85

Hope this clarifies what you need.

• Haha 1

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Hi Guys,

Should i use the following registered address?:

Clydesdale Bank PLC

Registered in Scotland 9Number SC001111)

Registered Office:

30 St Vincent Place

Glasgow G1 2HL

Cheers

Richard

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Yes that is the correct address for serving your claim.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Firstly, I'm assuming you've entered all your charge details into one of the spreadsheets. The spreadsheet calculates the 8% interest on each charge from the date it was applied to the account. You will then get a total figure for your Section 69 interest, this figure will increase each day that passes so make sure you have the correct figure for the date of filing your claim. We'll call this total X.

Therefore:

[date when the money became owed to you] This will be 06/09/2002

[the date you are issuing the claim] This will be the actual date you file your claim through the courts.

[amount] This will be figure X

[enter the daily rate of interest] This will be the daily rate of £0.85

Hope this clarifies what you need.

okay so on my spreadsheet i have a start date of: 06/09/2002

and a end date / last calc date of: 22/03/2007

along with all charges and interest

what about dates after this? or am, i claiming for just this range ?

cheers

rich

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

The 8% total will be the total as of the date you file. The interest is not the total as of the last charge date as the interest is generated on a daily basis so will have increased between your last charge date and filing date. If you've entered all the details into the Spreadsheet then this will have been accounted for so all you need are the totals as stated on your schedule.

The daily rate rate of £0.85 will then continue from filing date to settlement date.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

ah i get you, i understand the spreadsheet changes the interest based on the current day etc. so to get a final charge it has to be opened etc on the day of submission then to get a final final charge this is determinedwhen the case is closed on payout / settlement figure.

sort of lol

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

Untitled-1.gif

Please can you tell me if I fill this part of the form in?

Cheers

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

ah i get you, i understand the spreadsheet changes the interest based on the current day etc. so to get a final charge it has to be opened etc on the day of submission then to get a final final charge this is determinedwhen the case is closed on payout / settlement figure.

sort of lol

Yes you seem to have got it. As you will need this schedule again later on in the claim it's probably a good idea to print out a few copies on filing date. The other option would be that if you need the correct figures in the future you could just alter the date settings on your pc, this will adjust all the interest totals.:D

Untitled-1.gif

Please can you tell me if I fill this part of the form in?

Cheers

Yes you need to fill in this part but obviously as you're not using a solicitor you can leave that part empty.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Richie, I've merged your threads. Please stick to one, as once people subscribe to it they can continue to help. If you haven't yet submitted your claim, please don't send it to the Scottish address as I fear it may be moved to a Scottish court.

If it isn't too late, use your branch address.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Richie, I've merged your threads. Please stick to one, as once people subscribe to it they can continue to help. If you haven't yet submitted your claim, please don't send it to the Scottish address as I fear it may be moved to a Scottish court.

If it isn't too late, use your branch address.

Okay so for the registered address (scotland)?

but for the defendant name and address use my local bank (stockton on tees)?

is this correct?

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley

I'd just use your local branch address to be on the safe side. Keep Scotland out of it for now.

What's Best for You?

I'd just use your local branch address to be on the safe side. Keep Scotland out of it for now.

Really?

So my local branch will be okay for the registered address?

Cheers

Claiming Against:

BANK ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARDS

1. Yorkshire Bank
  3. Halifax
  4. Barclaycard
  5. Morgan & Stanley