AQ & CPR problems!

Guest peed orf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest peed orf

Hi guys, I've filed my AQ yesterday sending the letter in the "New stratagey for AQs thread". Folowing the instructions carefully.

I had the CPR 18 just before xmas. I've replied to Cobbets with the "not gonna do the CPR" letter. CPR had to be back by Jan 2nd.

This morning received a copy of Nat Wests AQ and in the "other info" bit it says

"Case management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant serves a Reply to the Request for Further Information which is due back on 2 January 2007. In light of this, the Defendent may amend it's Defence or apply to strike out."

I asked in the AQ thread if this is a problem, and was told fill out CPR "sharpish" and to come into the NW thread for more info.

So, do I do, or do I don't? If I do, why is it everywhere on the forum,that the CPR is intimidatory and shouldn't be filled out?

Hi

I had exactly the same text as well, and after checking with other peoples threads and asking around i realised it is normal, and nothing to worry about.

Dont panic....

:)

Hey,

If your claim is below 5000 then don't worry about it, your case will be allocated to the small claims track and thus the only person who can make you fill out the CPR18 request is the judge.

This thread has some good reading....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

HTH

Silky

---------------

- SilkySmooth -

---------------

Hi,

It is my understanding that if the claim is above 5k then it will not get allocated to the small claims court. As you state that it is *well* above, it is even less likely.

Therefore you should prepare yourself and go and read this post about what to reply for the CPR18 Request....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request-2.html#post314972

Cobbetts seem to be dealing with each case slightly differently but the usual action is that after the bog off letter you should then receive some form of offer. (This is the stage I am currently at with them, my claim is for just over 4k) You don't appear to have received such an offer, most likely because your claim exceeds the 5k limit for small claims.

Seriously, I cant recommend enough that you search this forum to see how claims above 5k get handled differently. If I were you, yes I would get the reply in because the last thing you want is for them to request the case be struck out because you didn't comply with their request.

HTH

---------------

- SilkySmooth -

---------------