NAtwest are ridulous!!

x_Orya_x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do i have a case?

In a nutshell

I checked my bank account 2 days before my car insurance was due and it said i was stil £255 WITHIN my overdraft limit, with my insurance being just £95 i realised i had enough money in the bank for it.

Anyway, i got a letter yesterday stating that the direct debit could not come out as i didnt have enough money in my bank, and i'd been charged £38, obviously i was shocked so i went into bank!

They said that as my insurance company TRIED to get money that wasnt there they have charged me £38 effectively immediately. Well i obiovusly thought they'd paid the withstanding amount and thats what the charge was for. BUT the direct debit DIDNT come out, I DIDNT lend a penny and i DIDNT go over my overdraft limit, Even after they charged me!

So now im at my overdraft limit, my car insuarance hasnt been paid, they'll try get it again on monday, so by monday i ave to now find £94 for the insurance, and £40 for their charges! I dont get paid until Thursday so effectivly i'll get charged ANOTHER £40 when my bank TRY UNSUCCESSFULLY to get the money. Then il have t find £175!

I'm a student, so i only work like 15 hours a week!

What do i do?

(i realise ive posted this in a different forum, im new and didnt know where to post it, so im sorry) x

Of course you have a case. Try the direct approach initially ( go and see your bank manager first thing Monday morning or telephone them) to sort out the immediate problem, only accept a full refund of charges not partial.

Explain in clear and concise language that the erroneous charges have caused the problem not the way you are running your account.

If these are the only charges you can claim back, type out the preliminary letter, (the interest issue will not apply) so easy to type out the schedule.

If after your short meeting, (or telephone conversation) you do not get the result, hand the manger your letter, explaining what it is, that a copy will be sent to Borehamwood without delay.

He/she may reconsider at that moment.

Good luck and come back to this site for more support.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Guest NATTIE

Just to add to this did you query if you are £255 within the overdraft why it was bounced if the car insurance was £95?

Of course you have a case. Try the direct approach initially ( go and see your bank manager first thing Monday morning or telephone them) to sort out the immediate problem, only accept a full refund of charges not partial.

Explain in clear and concise language that the erroneous charges have caused the problem not the way you are running your account.

If these are the only charges you can claim back, type out the preliminary letter, (the interest issue will not apply) so easy to type out the schedule.

If after your short meeting, (or telephone conversation) you do not get the result, hand the manger your letter, explaining what it is, that a copy will be sent to Borehamwood without delay.

He/she may reconsider at that moment.

Good luck and come back to this site for more support.

oh my god im so confused!

My mother usually handles my accounts for me (as i have been left ahefty amount from my father who died 20 years ago, and all this money is in Natwest stocks and shares)

I would understand if i had borrowed the money, but i havent. An if they kept up to date, when i checked my bank it wouldve told me that i didnt have the funds.

Argh, can you private message me the simple step by step action to take?

Ive read the FAQ's and i dont understand. My mother is away on holiday and i need to hopefully sort it by monday befroe another charge is given

Just to add to this did you query if you are £255 within the overdraft why it was bounced if the car insurance was £95?

They said that things id bought the week before hadnt come out of my bank yet. This i understand yes, but why did it say i had this money and could draw it out if in fact i couldnt?

I will pm you, but there is not much you can do before Monday, apart from prepare. If you have other financial resources with NW then you are in a strong position to negotiate. Don't panic, it will be fine if you prepare, and are steadfast in your approach.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Smile settled in full

Guest NATTIE

I do think you stand a good chance as ataction has said.

I can answer the question but i think we need to focus on getting the charges back.

Do you have your previous bank statements showing other charges, because you are going to need them, if you want to recover those charges as well. Initially you need a face to face, or telephone conversation with the bank on Monday (tomorrow), along the lines I have previously detailed. Let us know how you get on.

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Smile settled in full

Guest NATTIE

If you have previous charges within the last 12 months then no chance on the refund or negotiation. If not then there maybe a possibility. If the OP goes in and talks about unlawful charges etc,etc, then it will be recorded as a complaint and then the case transferred to Customer Relations Unit.

NSWM as far as I can gather there is only one other charge in the last two years, but not entirely sure, it is all a bit vague.

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Smile settled in full