Hi new here With an issue! HELP!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5078 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do i have a case?

In a nutshell

I checked my bank account 2 days before my car insurance was due and it said i was stil £255 WITHIN my overdraft limit, with my insurance being just £95 i realised i had enough money in the bank for it.

Anyway, i got a letter yesterday stating that the direct debit could not come out as i didnt have enough money in my bank, and i'd been charged £38, obviously i was shocked so i went into bank!

They said that as my insurance company TRIED to get money that wasnt there they have charged me £38 effectively immediately. Well i obiovusly thought they'd paid the withstanding amount and thats what the charge was for. BUT the direct debit DIDNT come out, I DIDNT lend a penny and i DIDNT go over my overdraft limit, Even after they charged me!

So now im at my overdraft limit, my car insuarance hasnt been paid, they'll try get it again on monday, so by monday i ave to now find £94 for the insurance, and £40 for their charges! I dont get paid until Thursday so effectivly i'll get charged ANOTHER £40 when my bank TRY UNSUCCESSFULLY to get the money. Then il have t find £175!

I'm a student, so i only work like 15 hours a week!

What do i do

Hi

First of all ring/or go into your bank and ask them to explain why the DD was not payed as you had £255 available on your OD and why they didn't pay it.

If you don't have any luck then ask to speak to a manager and if possible show them that you had the money available to pay this DD and ask for the charge to be credited back to your account. (be nice and dont lose your cool;))

Have you had other charges on this account and what bank is it?.

Also ring your insurance company and ask them to hold off taking the DD until the day you get paid but ring them asap.

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.