Wording Re: Interest in Initial Letter?

nicsussex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Keep eyes wide open and wish me luck.
Forget that - why isn't my tea on the table woman?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If he doesn't want his tea now, can I have it?
I had to make it myself - Vamp had other things to do...like talk about the bloody donate button all night...:mad:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I had to make it myself - Vamp had other things to do...like talk about the bloody donate button all night...:mad:

I donated all my paypal shrapnel tonight. How much does a law book cost I wonder?

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Hello all,

Dialogue moved on while I was not here.

Thanks Spiceskull for ably qualifying what I meant about our efforts to calculate interest.

Also thanks to you and Vampiress for taking the trouble to write here about confidentiality as you might easily have discussed it offline and not provided immediate reassurance to others.

Your anonymity is not, and would never be, compromised. Discretion is my middle name.

IF it came to another's court case, IF information were needed in support, IF my permission were sought and IF it were all strictly in accordance with site protocol, I would look favourably on agreeing to some or perhaps all of my contributions being used.

Yours,

Haricot Discretion Bean

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing spreadsheet.

Best Wishes,

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Any news on the spreadsheet yet?

I have had my statements from Yorkshire Bank but nothing confirming any manual intervention. I have calculated my claim will be £2,902.00 for charges and I am debating whether to add interest. I had been thinking along the lines of claiming the 8% the court would allow, which adds another £976.13 to date. I had this account from January 2000 (over 6 years ago), to March 2003, but the way I see it is that they have had my money all this time, and I could have used it or had interest on it. Whether or not I was overdrawn some months is immaterial, because I could have earned interest myself. I could also have used it in the years since I closed the account.

8% is a much lower rate than YB charged me, but then again I would have been unlikely to earn 8% interest if I had the money, so it seems a reasonable compromise.

Having read this thread I am hoping that Vampiress' spreadsheet may help, and wonder if the interest calculation may work out to be higher.

Any thoughts anybody?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yeah, I'd like to see the spreadsheet too.

I'm sat at £4k so far.

Interesting to see the interest as a lot of my charges were 2001/2002

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

caro, you seem to be confusing immediately reclaimable overdraft interest with the 8% interest you can claim in court proceedings for not having had use of the money, perhaps this will help:

...there are ultimately two types of interest to be claimed:

Firstly, you claim back what the bank took as overdraft interest applied to unlawful charges (for mine, a rate of 17.7% applied from 10/11/2004 to present and rate as yet unknown prior to that). Secondly, when it gets as far as court proceedings, you apply interest at 8% to your claim to account for you not having use of the money that was taken - Not only have you not had use of the money, but you have also been charged interest on it and it seems the law rightly recognises this

Note that in some posts in other threads, some have mistakenly talked about interest and greed, as though we were not entitled to claim it. We are entitled to reclaim correctly-calculated or even reasonably-estimated overdraft interest that has been taken from us, and on serving the claim at court we are also entitled to claim 8% interest. Greed does not enter into it. It's about restitution.

I hope that's clearer.

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

This could be an interesting? LTSB unpaid DD on 1 st of month - standard letter blah blah £35. D/d represented 19 of month and paid! Despite account being further o/d than on 1st. Interestingly the recipient of the D/D was another part of the black horse empire. Any one have any views?

Fulli intend to - initial letter sent re charges of almost£2k - however is it not interesting that a D/D to a member of the LTSB group gets paid whilst others don't especially as they have already refused it once with account i n a lower debit balance?

Not at all - have had much assistance at brnch level in this respect (can't say too much more here!) however once the automated process takes over is a different matter it would seem.

It is much clearer thanks Bean. So I guess I need to find out from the banks what rate I was being charged at the time? What happens about interest on closed accounts though? Can I only claim for the time the accounts were open, or can I still claim for interest up to date, and if so what rate should I use from the date of closure?

I have looked in the library and at FAQ's but your explanation is clearer than anything that I could find. (please note mods, as others may also find Bean's post clearer it may be worth including this in FAQs).

Thanks for your help.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I didn't realise that vampires could also be angels, but you are indeed an angel for doing the spreadsheet.

Have I grovelled enough to ask for a link to the spreadsheet as I can only see to one to use before the moneyclaim. :|

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks