Anti-Barclays : New member.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A small hello from a new member, stuck with Barclays bank.

My story (sorry, but this is an opportunity to rant a little);

A year ago I had constant charges for going over my overdraft with Barclays; this was at a time when I had two other people to provide for, one of whom was a minor with serious mental health problems, and a home to keep on a £6 p/h job, so I was already stressed enough as it was. I also had problems with Barclaycard when they changed my address without my permission sending bills and new cards to someone else and refusing to correct this error on their part – that period left me with £2.5-3k of debt and bad credit.

During this time I would go to a cash machine the day after payday to find I had no money available, this used to happen week after week due to charges from my bank, and I when speaking to my bank manager about this (I am not a 'people person' so for me to demand to speak to a manager is a testament to how mad/upset/worried I was at that point) I was told about how fair it was and all these supposed rules on how they operate:

- Balance can be checked at any cash machine.

- You cannot withdraw money you have not got.

- If you replace money within 24 hours you will not be charged.

- Bank will only charge up to three times a month.

All TOTAL nonsense it seems, I wish I had recorded that conversation now!

I moved banks a few months ago but with debts and a £750 overdraft limit I'm finding it difficult to get rid of my Barclays account. I should have acted a long time ago, but I didn't know how to, I heard that I could attempt to get these charges back and after I noticed Barclays had added yet more charges on my account [£90] I decided to see what I could do about it.

I still need to find out how much I've been charged as a first step, I guess this site will be a step in the right direction once I get my head around it all :o Any helpful tips on taking this in would be very much appreciated.

Hi Tarnished.

Relax now. You're with friends.:D

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide. That will answer most of your initial questions.

There's shed-loads of information here and the more you can absorb, the easier your claim will become.

It is important that you follow the well-tried and tested procedures suggested on this site, without any ad-libbing, If you want to ensure the best chance of success.

This is a self-help forum, so the more effort you put in, the better.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....