Josa v Natwest ~ 6 years with Contractual Interest

Josamolly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Josa

You are right to stick to your guns. We had an offer from GE Money for everything we asked for including CI but with a confidentiality clause. So we stuck wit the claim, sent in the AQ and on Wednesday we got an unconditional offer (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/55863-son-steven4064-ge-money.html)

I'm free to tell you all about it because I am not bound by any agreement

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok haven't been about for a while.... personal matters with my fathers health to deal with which seemed to put everything into perspective....

Basically, i didn't go to court with just the CI element left to fight for.. so i finally settled for....

Charges ( claimed for 2800 originally but then realised 500 wasn't actually charges so amended to 2300)

8% Interest

Costs of 350....

But they sent me 2 costs cheques which i accepted and banked.... and they paid me the 500 i shouldn't have claimed and about 250 of account interest as well...

So, with everything else going on around me at the moment, they caught me at a low ebb and i discontinued the claim..

But as i always said i would never go into court with just the CI... bit of a drab ending really isn't it but hey there are far more important things in life...

But as i always said i would never go into court with just the CI...
Just as well - while you have been away, dad (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/97691-contractual-interest-precedent-lost.html) did this, lost, took it to the high court and lost again - so you wouldn't have got it anyway.

So all in all I would say you've won and congratulations are in order

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Thanks Steven... i feel i have got a result i would have been happy with when i started.. I made sure i never took my eye off the ball and let pound signs blur my vision which is very difficult at times!!

I was pushing my luck to see how far it would go, but these guys representing the banks know that very few have the knowledge and linguistic skills to be able to stand up and win in court.. me included.

So i live to fight another day, have cleared 2 substantial OD's and still have my health and happiness intact...

Congrats matey, nice work :)

So i live to fight another day, have cleared 2 substantial OD's and still have my health and happiness intact...

And there you go - can't go wrong with that :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

great news Jos

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Did you contact Cobbetts to say you had decided to take their offer, or did they offer you the same amount again just before the court date???

I still haven't had a result with Cobbetts... been pretty quite for a while now. Court date 16th July 2007.

I am wondering if it worth phoning them up???

Moodle

Well done Jos !

Fantastic result regardless of the CI.

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Thanks Michael... without your help i would have given up a long time ago...

Top man..

:oops:

You're more than welcome mate - just glad to see that you're happy with the outcome :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Well done Jos.

Could maxine989 please post a link to her thread mentioned on page 3 of this thread where you say you beat NatWest and claimed 16·9%.

Cheers Ros.

Hi Ros...

Sorry for the hijack Jos.

Here's the thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/49630-maxine989-natwest.html

I have three claims going on with Nastywest (2 bank accounts and 1 credit card). 1 won, 1 going to court on 2nd July and 1 going to court on 16th July.

Maxine :-)

Moodle