• Tweets

• Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
    • who gave you the NTH? who was it sent to? thread title updated dx  
    • blimey CAG gave all that FREE help over +6mts and +100 posts and they never even bothered to comeback...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

gordylar vs HSBC ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phoned mcol today and they said they had now changed it from 7 days to 12 from the date of the letter, still asked them to make a note on my records to show I had phoned regarding this, can't be too careful.

So on with the waiting.

Good luck with your claim iadaco, stick to all the tried and tested on this site and you'll soon have your money.

Lattie must feel like been given the holy grail getting your hands on the remote, I lock mine away when i'm not glued to the telly. Still boys getting older so will soon be able to empower them with it when i'm not about. :D he,he.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldn't want to be a man m.l., have to put up with pmt, baby blues and the washing up :eek: .

Still nothing heard from D.G. Seems to take ages when you get to mcol stage and they acknowledge. Spent all the money (Home improvements) and I haven't even got my sticky paws on it yet.

i'm post menapausal(geniune), my two sons were adopted (genuine) and he only does the washing up if a blue moon is due!

ne'er mind, gordy. maybe she'll let you take her out to dinner with the leftover £.

so, where are we now on the time-line with your little mix up it's hard to tell - have the courts sent you an aq?

Lattie,

you are amazing your family is very lucky to have you.

As for my claim, acknowledgment of service was issued on the 24th Jan so 28 days from then which is......... just checking calendar...........it's, bloody hell tomorrow. Does that mean I must hear by tomorrow or does it mean I can press for judgment. Please let me press for judgment 2nd time lucky and all that, please let me, please let me.

Just going to check mcol now, will report back in a mo.

o.k. then just been on mcol and it still comes up as judgment issued on 07/02/07, thought that might have been changed after applying for it to be removed. Hope this does not delay my claim. Will phone the courts tomorrow to find out about the judgment and where I now stand as regards to the timescale of my claim. The suspense is killing me :eek: .

judgement issued???? rah..........

phone the courts then tomorrow and find out if that can go through - although i bet for one nasty moment that the blasted judge will give them extra time!!! we need to have words with these judges i reckon!!

my claim... well, due to file aq on 4th march. had a bit of a s**t 2 days where i thought i'd done the wrong s/s in the first place but i've been consoled and even if i did IF dg mention it i'll put my hands up and hope for the best!! once an eeediat always an eeediat - that's my motto!! :)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

netty,

this judgment was issued wrongly by me at beginning of feb and had to fill in a form to have it removed but the courts have not done this yet,and so it still says issued on mcol. But the 28 days is up from the acknowledged stage tomorrow, so now im a bit puzzled as I cant press for judgment on this until they remove the previous judgment that I issued :| .

p.s. just updated myself on your thread :-o .

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot etc...etc.....etc.....

Right rang the court yesterday morning (sorry taken so long for this post) and I asked about the judgment being removed and that I had filed an n244 form requesting this.

Was told by them that they had received it and it was sent to the district judge on the 19/02/07, it will take about 2 weeks until they receive it back (this is only to have the judgment removed). Therefore my claim has been frozen until this happens :-x:-x:-x . He shoots he scores (own goal).

I can't believe it talk about helping DG to delay my claim, the acknowledgment date expired yesterday, so I would have been on the next stage by now or may have been able to press for judgment. But no stupid Homer "gordy" Simpson put a spanner in the nuclear power plant, dohhhhhh!

Gordy

Been reading your thread with much interest to know what's in store for a beginner.

Fret-ye-not on the delays. Presumably it means you'll get more interest when it's eventually settled by DG/the court?

Keep at it and don't worry about the delay from a technical error on MCOL's website. Think how the poor sod felt when the first american mars rover failed to land because they'd measured essential components in imperial not metric. No payout for him/her!

Your making progres in the right direction - that's what counts.

Keep the faith:)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

my thoughts exactly netty,

cheers harvest,

just gets annoying when you think your nearly at the top of the hill then see another hill when you do get to the top.

It is all quite straight forward just make sure you read loads and follow the stages and stick to your timescales and the cash is yours :D

Thanks for the guidance Gordy.

I can't help feeling a bit excited by the prospect of battle (does that sound perverse?) - you know, taking on the big institutions and everything.

I'll stick to the timescales completely.

I read Haydn's thread from start to finish last night. e is one brave mother that guy, arguing compound and contractual interest, with a judge and a barrister, face to gace in a case management conference and then producing detailed complex legal arguments for 9 cases. A legend.

I can't stop thinking that those of us who've just started are somehow cheating a bit because people like yourself, haydn, nettyp and loads have others have already done all the groundwork / templates.

I'll definitely be making a good donation to this site when the bak eventually coughs up.

Good luck with the final stages Gordy.

All the best.

Harvest,

hayden is a legend and so are many others on this site, must say i'm glad they are on our side and not hsbc's or dg's.

Don't worry about feeling a cheat everybody on this site are more than happy to share their knowledge and experience to do battle against the banks.

Makes us happy when another successful cagger gets their money :D .

They've had it far to easy for far too long bring on the claims.

Also a good little savings account that the banks kept hidden from us till now, where else would you get 8% interest (if it gets to court) for all them years :D.

Thanks Gordy - will watch with interest on how your third claim is going.

Can't wait to get to the MCOL stage myself. I've opened another account just in case.

As you say, 8% 'savings account' with 'savings' we never knew we had!

Sorry Gordy - mixing you up there for a minute with Crusher.

I was reading loads of threads yesterday and was getting mixed up with the names.

You're both doing well so good luck with this, your first claim, and subsequent claims.

All the best

H

hi all,

must say this f**k, f**k, f**k.

received a letter today from mcol which said that my case had gone to the district judge for direction, it would then take 3-4 weeks till they receive it back.

I have involuntarily given dg and hsbc an extra month's grace on my claim, still will make sure that I receive the extra months interest at 8% if they decide to prolong the agony.

Still p****d off though.

Fret-ye-not Gordy.

You'll get the cash. As you say with extra interest added.

Do you know all the stuff you have to do now? (Is there anything you have to do in the meantime re: directions etc / papers / court bundles etc?)

Otherwise, sit back. Chill. And watch the interest clocking up.

All the best

gordy - ok, so you wait on that front - no reason you can't be bugging dg on the other front - besides, they don't seem to know their xxxx from their xxxxx - they probably don't know any of this - and even if they do - they can still offer at any time - i'd ring and just say - what's going on? is my claim still with you or has it gone to the bank to be looked at? a little stir may cause a ripple of action.

• Haha 1