• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

gordylar vs HSBC ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lattie / netty,

sorry about my previous thread, just got things confused in my head, you know when you look at a word and think it is spelled wrong, but isn't that was my moment.

I started thinking I could only claim the 8% interest from the date of the mcol, although it is from the actual date of the charge that I can claim the interest, be it last week or 6 years ago.

Trouble is my initial charges calculations were using the charges calculator on the Martin Lewis website, where you put in the date and the amount and it worked out the 8% interest, which is approx £751.42 on the £3,340 charges.

I worked all this out at the beginning when I went through all my statements, it would probably be more as I should have reworked it when I did the mcol.

Tried using vamps spreadsheet but had to input charges dates reason for charge then I had to work out the interest, got very p****d off as it was taking bloody ages then the panic set in :o.

Was wondering if it is because i've got an apple mac that the spreadsheets did not automatically workout the interest ( not the best with computers me )

just dont want to mess this one up.

Thanks again guys :lol:.

i think you'll have to go with what you've got - you've filed, your particulars are now lodged with the court - i think you have to take it that that was the way you did it and just forget it now - i've not heard of anyone not getting money back because of the way they did the interest calculations - they may question it and offer you less because of something but it doesn't mean you loose. just hang in there - take up karate or something. just let it go its course now. ok? not all uptight now are you? i think it's too late to even worry about vamp's s/s or why anything - just have some faith in the system. relax..........................

Mrs gordy cuddles always few and far between at the moment, baby blues and all that, but I do try and be the modern hubby,try to give wifey lots of cuddles, get shot down but will never give up, learnt by the 2 previous gordy babies(with same mrs gordy).Certainly not mistakes just improvements on myself,

lattie your a star you make me feel good about myself, going to start calling you mum. :D

gis a hug!

HUG!

i do great hugs, be it from a short level - i'm 5ft nothing and my 2 lads are 6ft (grown but not flown). mr. lat gives good cuddles every so often. go get mrs. gordy some flowers - that always does the trick. and yes, you can call me mam (that's 'ull speak for mum).

and another HUG!

Blimey! mam,

I didn't realise the time I posted last night 01:54, had darts match down pub which finished late (lock in) got very drunk (urrggghhh the hangover today) serves me right.

Mrs Gordy huggy today ;), flowers on way tomorrow (bit difficult this time of year though, not many in gardens yet).

No news from DG yet (didnt really expect any), just playing the waiting game now.

Mam,

Of course not, can't believe you would think that :eek: .

any hugs always most welcome, please can I have my hug back now :sad:

then I can be :D again.

Bought Mrs gordy chocs at w/end helped eat them too :lol: .

I know it's late again tonight lots of paperwork etc.. to do, not drunk this time.

"gis a hug"

Hi all,

lattie had darts 2nite I know its late (not intoxicated though), been a good boy ;) honest.

Quick update on things so far: been mega busy, no time online. No news yet from dg at all, now going step up the frequency of faxing to twice daily also will now start nuisance phone calls. Don't really want to wait till aq stage :( but needs must etc...

Really wish sending faxes this time of night was as annoying as early morning phone calls (never know they might have someone there trying to catch up with all our claims :rolleyes: .

don't think i can stand the pace - it's another 2 weeks until they have to file a defense on yours, yes? i wouldn't want it to go to aq stage either - but more and more are - , as you say, so be it.......

just keep at them - i think it will pay off. have you rung to ask if they have received your breakdown. do it again and ask where they stand with your claim. you'll most likely get the new " we are 2 -3 weeks behind, blah, blah" but it's better than sitting there doing nothing.

Hi mammie lattie,

I received ANOTHER OFFER today from Mr Langdale "for the full amount of the charges" This would have been ok 2 weeks ago, but now the 8% interest is added plus the court fees so I shall have to respectfully refuse his kind offer :razz:, so here goes another standard rejection letter. He seems to be very behind now I did let him know I was at mcol stage and the interest and court fees are now included but there was no mention of them.

With regards to DG, I have been faxing them more copies of my charges (another to follow after I log off) ;) .

I phoned all the numbers for DG today got answer phone for each one :mad: so I left them all the same message. Debbie D'Aubney is away till friday (must need a break from all the extra work) Rachael was away from her desk (or couldn't get to it due to all the claims) :D. Kate probably got so p****d off with all the calls she turned her's to ans phone.

Anyways shall continue my pestering tomorrow and just let them know that if I don't get offered before the AQ them they will have to add it to their offer (only trying to save them money lol).

Wow,

Now my heart is pumping just been on mcol and it said in the judgement box continue, so I did and it came up defendant accepts all money owed and I continued and guess what it accepted it, and said judgement had been passed I also put that all monies owed were to be paid immediatly.

Bit dumbfounded at the moment does this mean I,ve won?

Been back on mcol and it now says in the judgement box requested, then says it has been submitted to court for final validation before being issued.

I suppose it could be overruled (still fingers crossed).

Still unsure as to why I could request judgement, it did say defendant had admitted all monies owed, not heard of this one before though.

Hope DG made a mistake and not the courts, or maybe they just threw in the towel.

as far as i know - you have just won - however, don't get too excited as i think we saw this once before and they still allowed dg to enter a defense up to 7 days after. so, cross you fingers and, were it me, i'd ring the court to ask what's up. keep us informed.

Hi lattie,

not counting my chickens just yet, bit puzzled because DG had 28 days after acknowlegment and its only been 14, seems a bit strange that they have admitted all monies owed, mcol status is still requested in the judgement box,

will also keep checking bank account, who knows might even get to send in the bailiffs :D, That would be fun.

Watch this space............

Email Address

Enquiries: [email protected]

General Contact Numbers

Switchboard : 0845 6015 935 General Fax : 0845 6015 889

Her Majesty's Courts Service

that's all for mcol stuff - there is lots of stuff in the claimant info.

could help.

this is too good an opportunity to pass up - we all wanted to press that button but couldn't - you better follow it up tomorrow and see where it goes.