• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

gordylar vs HSBC ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right then,

hi all have today completed my MCOL and submitted it ready for 9:00 am tomorrow. :)

Now if I have understood things right I allow a maximum of 5 days for the court to do their bit, then 14 days for HSBC to acknowledge my claim and enter their defence.

Then when the court has done their bit I send send 3 copies of my Charges list to the court and a further copy to Debbie d Aubney at D&G solicitors.

Hope i'm right in what i'm saying.

Incidentally I wonder if the banks or solicitors have anyone watching these threads.

Gordy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought that a long time - ago - even suggesting people shouldn't use their real names - but i don't think it makes one iota of diffenence. the claim marches to its own tune. nearly right in above schedule, from the court, in about 3-5 days you will get the notice of isse - which shows the date used to count from - the service date, then probably within the next 14 days from that date (usually quite soon) dg acknowledges with a tick in the box - "intend" to defend. then send your copies as above, then they have a further 14 days to issue their defense. about the only thing you can do during this time is send your copies and then ring dg a few days later to see if they have been received. lately, the offers have been coming after they file defense but before the aq is due for the most part - we had a bumper weekend of offers - hope yours isn't too far away.

Hi Lattie,

I was thinking I shouldnt have put the amount in my thread title as they could probably identify me. Although I can't see that making any difference (I hope).

I'll keep checking my mcol status, ready for the final leg.

Can't wait to see the end of this claim, then I have one more scalp to aim for, a van loan with the AA and their unfair late repayment charges.

Thanks Gordy.

that's fine gordy but don't get too excited - it's getting to be par for the course - i think it is intended for people to say (well, it's not bad, and i know i won't end up in court, and it's a bird in the hand, etc....).

you say you are accepting it as a partial - just be aware - you send the template rejection letter telling them you accept it as partial but you have now filed a claim and it will require xxxx.xx to halt the court process.

you never actually see the partial - it just goes away. that was from hsbc, you have filed and as such you are now dealing with dg. so, my advice - do the letter and send it and just continue with the schedule of your claim. it was a little apple from eve (colin)......

WOWEEE!!

Getting closer ;)

Received an offer today from Colin Langdale, however this letter is the follow up to my first letter asking for my dosh back, and not the LBA. and I am now at the mcol stage.

Seems he is a bit behind on the schedule must be all the claims he has to deal with. Still about time he did some decent work for a change and earnt his money.

THE LETTER

22nd Janurary 2007

Without prejudice

Dear Mr Gordylar

Our Ref:xxxxx

Your Ref:xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 21st Dec 2006 requesting a refund of your

bank charges of £3,340 passed during the 6 last years. Whilst we were reviewing your complaint we realised some of the charges you were trying to claim have been previously refunded. Accordingly £75.00 has been deducted from your claim. Regarding your request to refund overdraft interest on your account, HSBCs interest rates are well publicised in respect of both formal and informal overdrafts. It is, of course, a condition of your borrowing from us that you will pay interest at the agreed rates on that borrowing. As such we will not be refunding the interest that has been applied to your debt.

In circumstances where you would like us to make a payment from your acccount that would if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn or over an agreed overdraft limit, we have to consider whether to make this payment. A fee is payable for this service provided by the bank, details of which, blah blah blah, and they would sucessfully resist any legal challange if the claim went to court, blah blah blah.

We are, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incure in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whatsoever, we are prepared to make a payment to you for the sum of £2,765.00 in full and final settlement of this matter. This represents our offer in respect of the charges applie dup to and including 22 Janurary 2007.

Then the usual, if you accept blah blah blah.

yours sincerely

Colin Langdale

In the letter He said that I had charges of £75.00 already refunded to me therefore I have 2 questions:

1. Can I add on £75 charges due to be taken from my account at the end of this month to cancel the £75 they deducted from my claim?

2. If I cant add on these charges do I then have to change my MCOL claim to exclude the £75 they have deducted from my claim?

What I think I shall do is write back and state that I will leave the claim as it stands due to the charges applied to my account which are due to be taken on the 29th of Jan 2007.

Anyone know of a good reply letter.

Gordy.

This is my reply letter to my previous post.

Any comments or improvements?

HSBC plc

Service Quality Team,

Arlington Business Centre,

Millshaw Park Lane,

Leeds,

LS11-OPP

23 Janurary 2007

Dear Mr Langdale

My Reference ---------------

Your Reference ------------

Thank you for your letter dated 22 Janurary 2007.

In the abscence of a response to my previous letters within the time specified I have filed a claim in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs. I am prepared to accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, to include interest and costs incurred. I would however be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of a full settlement of my claim of £3,340.00 + £749.26 + £120.00 costs totalling £4,209.26 .

As you point out about charges totalling £75.00 already being refunded, I would like to point out that there are charges on my account due to debited on the 29th of Janurary 2007, and on this basis I will leave the amount claimed unchanged to cover these. I await your response within the next 7 days, and no further correspondence will be sent regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely

Gordylar

sounds good to me gordy

but if they're offering anything... they know they're gonna pay the lot eventually!!

stick wth it... you're gonna get ur money real soon - you lucky hound u lol

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Been getting so excited keep pressing submit reply button by mistake before post is completed. :|

netty,

the mcol status is issued as of 22/01/2007 so must just wait now for dg to get their skates on, have a bit of a feel good factor going on just now. :D

lattie,

I used a template letter but just tweaked it a bit to suit, any thoughts on the refunded £75 charge and the extra £75 charges that I have replaced them with?

Thanks all Gordy

Thanks lattie

all this is addictive isn't it, wifey probably thinks she's a cag widow just now.

Although when she opened the offer letter today it made her smile, face cracked though:eek: (only joking just in case you read this darling).

lattie,

I had to hide the remote from wifey, otherwise she would get confused as to her role if I left it lying around. (S**t that sounds sexist doesn't it?).

If he's anything like me he probably hasn't even noticed your on the cag site.

Hi,

Received the 'claim acknowleged' papers from Northampton today,so will send copys of charges tomorrow to dg and court.

Then its the waiting game, think I may bombard dg with faxes of copys of charges everyday, or phone calls, see if I can make a nuisance of myself. Maybe they'll settle quicker.:rolleyes: Any thoughts on this? Be nice to be the one doing the bombarding of phone calls this time :D

hiya! that seems to be the general suggestion here, to bombard them with calls and fax and all that jazz... goodluck to you.. hope you've saved a lot of patience for the waiting.. teehee...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

S**T, S**T, S**T,

Think I may have f****d up.

The 8% statutory interest that you can claim, does that go back to the start of when they took that charge

e.g.

charge recall so/dd, 29 aug 2002 £30.00, 8% interest £10.06

total claimed back £40.06

need to know asap

ANYONE thanks :confused:

i don't know how to figure it - i just used the spreadsheet and it did it for me - the simple s/s figures each item from the date the charge was incurred, depending on the date you put at the top. hope that helps, sorry, gordy.

gordy, if that's how the spreadsheet worked it out i would go for it. sometimes the charges + interest do seem high - but then they were for 4/5 years ago. i wouldn't worry if i were u :)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!