• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Claim aginst RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phew. Wishing you the very best for tomorrow Sparkie. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I’m back and I’m sorry to report the court would not grant me my order for further disclosure, :confused::mad:the Judge took the view that even if he ordered the disclosure of further documents, they would not assist in adding to the potentiality for my claim for Breach of Contract misappropriation of funds and wrongful dishonour of cheques

He was not interested in my claim of false accounting fraud false statements in statements of truth, and all the rest misrepresentation as he said they were not civil claims.:mad::mad:

The only good thing was about costs Cobbetts tried to add another £1200 to their bill of £3700. plus travelling plus Vat.

He did tear into the Barrister about that and said the fact that she was trying to claim for preparing Lynsey Robinsons witness statement said , it was a sorry state of affairs when a solicitor a firm such as Cobbetts need a Barrister to prepare a witness statement.:lol:

He awarded them £900 costs and no more……..the Barrister then said could she have a tape of the judgement on costs the he went ballistic saying so you are thinking of appealing against my order of costs …….."may I remind you I have full discretion for order of costs and IF I had not already made the ruling I would have reduced it basic costs":lol:

That’s it……its back to my claims again ………First one Unlawfully processing data, because they have admitted they can’t supply my account opening documents which would have contained my consent to process data ….so undeterred sparkie’s back on the hunt in the mean time I’ve found a firm of solicitors that will probably take my case of Fraud, False accounting false statements etc on community funding , because there is "civil fraud "got to ring them tomorrow………………….because personally………… I’m on pension credit.:-D:-D

Sparkie……I’m having a few consolation beers now ……cheers:-D

Hi Sparkie,i am so sorry to hear that, whats the Justice system coming to! Dont give up, thats what they want.Get your claims in court and let everyone know what they have done. The truth always finds its way out,in the end. Good luck.

I was truly sorry to hear this Sparkie. It seems very unfair that you are being prevented from bringing this to light. :(

Just one question. If it isnt a civil case.. Does this make what they are doing/have done a criminal offence?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just one question. If it isnt a civil case.. Does this make what they are doing/have done a criminal offence?

I think the Judge was confused, (or drunk!) and really meant these weren't claims that the County Court would deal with, so he didn't and wouldn't have any of it.

County Courts have a tendency to overly complicate issues that fall within their remit, so they "hunt" for reasons to do that in simple claims, then allocate them to the Multi-track or to the High Court. This just isn't cricket in cases that are clearly easily manageable and should be dealt with by the County Courts, IMHO.

I have been a victim of this "deliberate misunderstanding" myself recently, so I know how Sparkie feels.

Thanks for that explanation car2403:)

BCOBS

Here's a letter from my MP regarding his meeting with the Information Commissioners Office when he wanted answers about the way Nat West and RBS copied my credit file and took no action against them.

Shows he is still on my case and on RBS's back .

Got another appointment with him friday 4th July.

Also had a quick word with my partners solicitor today, regarding the failure to obtain that order.

He was amazed that the judge did not consider the fact that as the RBS had said so many times they had no more documents etc to disclose and that they had aready supplied all they had that as they supplied 20 more pages ...onlyon receipt of an application to disclose that my application was in truth sucessful as it took the application to make them supply them so how could he not have ordered it ........ie after the fact. Good point if only I had thought of that at the hearing.

Never mind another lesson learned. got to think in three dimensional logic from now on.

sparkie

LONDON SW1A OAA

ANDREW MILLER MP

Mr Sparkie

13 June 2008 Our Ref:kl/GRACO 1004

Dear Mr Sparkie

HOUSE OF COMMONS

Thank you for your email dated 11th June.

Further to my meeting with Richard Thomas - Information Commissioner on 23rd April I have not yet received a response from him. However, I have written to him requesting this as soon as possible.

I will contact you again when I hear from Mr Thomas but I would be grateful if you could keep me updated on this matter following your hearing on 19th June.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Miller

Edited by Sparkie1723

im only halfway through this thread and it completely and utterly enthralling!

however, i need to go to bed and im unsure how to subscribe to it... im going to add this page to my favourites and hope for the best until someone can shed sum light!!

and i have to say sparkie1723, ur a one man wonder and im simply amazed at what you have gone through with them. i am currently on the 5th page of 32 so if things are still going by the time i reach the 32nd page, then i really do wish you all the best!

im only halfway through this thread and it completely and utterly enthralling!

however, i need to go to bed and im unsure how to subscribe to it... im going to add this page to my favourites and hope for the best until someone can shed sum light!!

and i have to say sparkie1723, ur a one man wonder and im simply amazed at what you have gone through with them. i am currently on the 5th page of 32 so if things are still going by the time i reach the 32nd page, then i really do wish you all the best!

Once you post in a thread, you subscribe to it, so that bit is done for ya :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks sweetchicklady and locutus.

Your support and everyones means more than you can imagine it's that sort of thing that keeps me going I will never give up because this all started fron a wrong default on my credit file for £195 I did not owe but RBS would not budge for 5 years.

IF RBS are like this when they are definately wrong what chance has anyone got when they "could be" right.

sparkie

To be honest I don't see why they are even arguing! It's gonna be much cheaper for them to agree with you and sort it than argue and end up getting ordered by the courts to sort it.

This thread has also provided me with a wealth of information that I will be using after my case for bank charges is concluded (stayed at the moment)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'd be careful issuing seperate claims, as you might find them being consolidated in to one regardless, which would undoubtedly mean the multi-track because of the complexity of the whole thing.

I'd be careful issuing seperate claims, as you might find them being consolidated in to one regardless, which would undoubtedly mean the multi-track because of the complexity of the whole thing.

Unless you issue them one at a time............sigh........which could take forever

edited by me....(oops didnt see the previous posts :) )

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

it took a while, but iv finally finished reading the entire contents of this thread....and im exhausted, i cant imagine how you are feeling mr sparkie :p

i was disappointed for you at the result of the hearing and my heart goes out to you. to work this hard and still not give up is both admirable and honourable.

i am about to start a claim for bank charges for an account i opened 30th march 2005. i remember this date clearly as it was the day before my 18th birthday (which i further remember as i didnt have a passport, and i opened it the day before my 18th as under 18's can use a birth certificate as acceptable id heehee)

i havent used this account since roughly the end of 2006. i have had no statements since, although i was paying off my debt of almost £3000 through a debt collection agency (even though roughly £1400 of this is bank charges - i am about to send my sar so i can understand this better) after agreeing a new payment plan with this agency (due to change in circumstances), i had only made 1 payment and when i phoned the next week to make another payment, was informed that the account had been passed back to rbs. the reasons for this is unknown. i am worried and nervous as to the reasons and consequences behind this, as i have complied with every request. and now i am too scared to contact them to find out what is happening.

i already have a thread regarding this but felt compelled to message you regarding this. i think u must be a veteran in regards to the rbs at this stage :D

i wish you the very best of luck, sparkie, and i will continue to follow your happenings.

sweetchicklady xx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks