Mark-Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sent the letter for the Data Protection Act on monday the 24th of april, i dont have all my statements, but from the ones i do have i think the total amount to be around 3k. So i think the full amount to be around 4k... but we will see

the company i used to work for where allways late payers hence the massive amount of charges....

has anyone actually lost a claim yet?

Have a read round the various forum's and the FAQ's - you will fidn answers to all your questions, and you will learn about the processes involved. The case in question is in the Nat West forum, and it will be clear from that what happened and why.

• 2 weeks later...

dpa sent on the 24th of april, they have recieved it as i sent it by recorded and have a sig.... so my question is . should i have had a letter back by now or will they hang it out the whole 40 days

I'v known banks send on the 38th day - some sooner. There is no specific answer mate. Be patient - they will come!:)

Good luck x

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

got my bank statements through today ... been through them and worked out the amount to be £3471.16....

letter will go off first thing in the morning

Received a letter this morning for an offer of £250....what a joke!!

Do I send a letter back now saying this offer is not acceptable and that the time is ticking and that I am still seeking the full amount, or words to that effect? Or..... Do I wait for the deadline which is Wednesday 31st May before sending the next letter? (It will be the last one before court).

Cheers,

Mark

hi you can write and say you will not accept if you like. i just wait til 14 days was up and sent the next letter, couldn't be bothered to reply as i thought it was a joke considering the amount i was asking for back but do what you feel is best for you. good luck

Received a letter this morning for an offer of £250....what a joke!!

Do I send a letter back now saying this offer is not acceptable and that the time is ticking and that I am still seeking the full amount, or words to that effect? Or..... Do I wait for the deadline which is Wednesday 31st May before sending the next letter? (It will be the last one before court).

Cheers,

Mark

I would combine the two.

• 4 weeks later...

right guys a couple of questions..

i filled out the moneyclaim form last night .

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

spacer.gifThe following information relates to your claim:

spacer.gifmoney owed by bank

Issued

Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply.

is that 14 days from todays date...

what happens when they reply?.

how long will they get after that?

what happens now and what do i do?

many thanks mark

You will get confirmation by post about the claim being served. It's 14 days from the date of being served that they need to Acknowledge the claim. They then have another 14 days to submit a defence.

Just sit tight, you don't need to do anything else yet.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

recieved my letter its deemed to be served on the 27th of june so i make that they have until the 11th of july to reply...

what normally happens at this stage...

i.e what will the bank do?

p.s. - Have we got your claim details for the Litigation in Progress section?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi guys... im worrying a little now that the whole thing is going wrong because i didnt do my calculations correct... i originally stated i was claiming back £3499.78 in my previous letters to the bank and in moneyclaim.. i have recently been through everything again.. just incase i have to go to court and have found out that amount to be wrong the actuall amount is £3497.79. will this be a problem... i could say i was claiming for the two recorded letters i sent them . they cost a pound each

I cannot see them going to court over this - if they notice the difference they will simply settle at the correct figure.

You can expect a settlement to reach your account any day soon, if recent events are anything to go by!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks