BankFodder BankFodder

MigMags

Migs V's Nationwide

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4831 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:eek:

As of today I am going to contact Nationwide in regard to claiming back over £600 of charges they have taken off me in the past 9 months. I realised today that they have taken out £200 in bank charges on the 29th December!!

The problem is I am so angry but don't know where to start.

Help me!!!!

Hi Migmags.

The problem is I am so angry but don't know where to start.

Help me!!!!

First, remember.....

Angry = mistakes.

If you are calm and collected and in complete control, then you won't make silly mistakes that could jeopardise your claim.

The first thing that you must do is to spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section.

This site is vast and there is all kinds of info around every corner.

The more that you learn, before you start, the easier and more enjoyable your claim will be.

Post any questions and progress reports here. read some of the longer threads in the N.W. forum to get a feel for the action.

Don't try to jump the gun or ad lib. Just follow, faithfully, the well tried and tested procedures that we suggest and you WILL get ALL of your charges back.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Rooster, Thank you so much for your advice.

The reason I am angry is because they have taken the charges out they have been returning various Direct debits. It is starting to become a circle that is starting to spin out of control. Because of this I have nothing at all so am panicing because they will try and take the DD'd out again and therefore I will get charged again etc!

This is why I don't know where to start!

Sorry to go on!!!!

Thanks again

Hi MigMags!

The 1st thing to do is to cancel your DD's so as U don't incur any more Returned DD Charges.

Then open up another current account with another Bank and have your DD's set up and paid out of that.

Also send off a S.A.R. to Nationwide...if U don't have your statements highlighting ALL the unlawfully imposed Charges + Asociated Interest.

...If U do have them, check out the threads on Contractual Interest (...@ 24.9%)!

It may add up to more than the s69 Statutory Interest @ 8% that U would otherwise be able to re-claim.

Best of Luck!

Hope all this helps?!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

u can cancel them on line and will cancel same day too! i always cancel mine if nationwide nab my money!lol

Well, I have been brave and got my first letter sent off to Nationwide! I suppose it was silly to send it off on a friday but I have finally got it done. So far the charges have come to £987.75 and that isn't including the wopping amount they will no doubt take off me next month. Next stop finding a new bank account. Unfortunatley with no money to open it I am a bit stuffed!!!

Also where do I go? My credit rating isn't the best so I don't know where to go. I have have heard Alliance and Leicster are pretty good so I might try them first and then work my way down the high street!

Thank you so much to evryone who has given me the courage to finally take the plunge and get it sorted out.

Until the next exciting installment, take care!!!:p

Hi MigMags!

Did U Claim Contractual Interest in your Preliminary Letter??

Remember that every application that U do for a current account will involve a search being recorded on your Credit Report, even if U are declined.

The more U do in a short period of time (i.e. 6 months) the less likely U will be accepted!

A+L offer the best all singing & dancing current account and cos of that, can afford to be choosy.

However, they also do a more basic one with NO O/D, but U do get a Visa Electron Card, Internet Banking and DD/SO facillities etc.

But if U have a look around U may find an account more suitable for your own needs.

...The main thing is to minimise your applications by doing your homework 1st.

Best of Luck!

Hope the above has helped?!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Thanks Milktrayman.

I didn't claim back for the interest, but I have asked for the next lot of charges to be stopped.

In regard to the Bank account, I am not really looking for a singing and dancing account. Just a basic one will do as long as I can do internet banking and Direct debits. I am easily pleased you see!!! :p