Maxine76 v Lloyds Tsb

maxine76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone i'm new so i thought i would say hello to you all ive check my statements for my two bank accounts from the last 4 years and they make intresting reading. ive been charged more bank charges etc then i have money in the bank. ive wrote my first letter today as i think my bank (lloyds tsb) think they can charge me every other month and silly me has been paying it too. which makes me over over over drawn lol and then it takes a further few weeks to get back in credit. it just keeps snowballing but its got out of control now. action had to be taken when i received a letter saying i was to be charged 30.00 for a standing order returned the standing order is only for £2 YES!!! £2 and i couldnt pay it because in still overdrawn from last months charges these banks are outragous and every person should make a stand and get their money back. any advice or tips would be gratefully welcome

Hi Maxine, welcome!

The best thing you can do to get yourself started is read the FAQs at the following link. There you’ll find easy to understand tutorials (and I mean easy to understand – I understood them!!) on everything from what you can claim, and step by step instructions on how to begin the process.

It even includes links to a “template library” with sample letters that you can adapt when writing the bank. An hour or two studying these tutorials and you’ll be feeling a lot more confident.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Then don’t be shy in asking questions – I haven’t, and the response has been fantastic.

I was going to say best of luck – but as you’ll come to realise, you’ve had all the luck you need in finding this site – the rest is just following the established procedures for recovering YOUR money.

All the best.

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

Lloyds TSB

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

Halifax

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

Cap One

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

• 1 month later...

hi all i have received statements from ltsb. now if someone in simple terms could advise me what next. ive calucated the unpaid d/d etc but can i also claim all the overdraft excess fee and interest?

thanks kindly

Hi and welcome to the site maxine,

:p

You've defianately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Firstly, yes you can claim all the overdraft excess fees, the only fees you can't reclaim will be any subcription fees which you may have for privilages on your account.

Once you have totalled up what you want to claim enter the details into one of the spreadsheets (link below), you should then send a copy of this schedule along with the preliminary letter which can be found in the letter templates section (again link below).

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

Once you start the process of your claim remember to open a thread in the relative bank forum, this will enable you, and others helping you, to keep track of your claim.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Overdraft excess fee - yes.

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

hi all ive totalled up all the charges,excess fees and o/draft interest and on both accounts it totals to £5,935.55

my question is because its over £5,000 should i claim indivdually. both accounts are with ltsb

hello all

thought id join the ltsb forum

ive received statements and checked them and ltsb owe me £1,618.41 on one account and£4,317.14 on another. so its wise for me to claim indivdually i think?

anyway now i have the amounts could anyone tell me the next step. keeping it simple for me

thanks x:-)

Hi Maxine

Follow the link at the bottom of this post called Read this first.

It will show you all the relevant steps to completing your claim sucessfully.

Take a few days to read all necessary info and examples in other lloyds tsb threads.

my own claim took 6 months! start to finish LLoyds are one of the worst to drag it out.

good luck

BL:)

If you are LOST in CAG

Click the Consumeractiongroup at the top left hand corner of this blue section on your screen.

This will show you a detailed Index of the forum.

Tracking your Claim Thread

Once you have located your bank and have made your thread, select thread tools at the top right of the thread, choose subscribe to thread, then select Yes.

To locate your Claim Threads

Just up from thread tools and to the left click Quick Links, this will offer subscribed threads. In here you will see your claims.

• 2 weeks later...

All the contact details are at the top of this Lloyds forum

I have merged your threads and moved the majority from the welcome forum.Please can you keep to the one thread when updating or asking a question .It is in your own interest if everyone can see at a glance what you have done so far before answering any questions you have :)

Janet

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have either received a reply from your prelimary letter or the 14 day deadline has gone, you can send the letter before action.

After that file the claim. If it were me, I would be reasonable and allow a few extra days for a reply from the lba what with the Christmas period.

Good Luck (not that you need it)...

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi maxine please spend some more time reading up on the self help matieral and especially the FAQs and step-by-step guide contained there in, in your preliminary letter you give them 14 days to reply so after 14 days you go on to the LBA, also start a thread in the Lloyds forum here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ to help you and others track your progress and this makes it easier for people to help you. Thanks :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Yes give them the 5 days first.

If you have a read in the FAQ, it will tell you there about how you start the Court Action, in section 6

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)